New rubber

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New rubber

Post by Bennoz »

Whilst I've not got a bad word to say about the Hankook RS2's, I thought I might try something different for the sake of it. Still an R compound, trying the Federal SS595s 8)

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

they look good Ben :twisted: keep us updated on how they go.
as you may know as well the Hankook RS2's are no longer are avalable :evil: to Australia unless some one still has them in stock.
Last edited by aza013 on Fri May 09, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

thats the ones i've got on my fronts at the moment (G-Grids on rear till they're too low)

They seem to be okay, but slip on heavy take-off

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I'm after a new set of tyres as well right now.. How much are they worth?
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Yay someone else is running federals too!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Looks good mate let us know what your thoughts are on the difference between the two. How did your old tyres go in hte wet? And yeah how much are these?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

I've got the street version of those on my car atm (reg compound) in the wet once you lose grip on a corner its like its slipped into "ice mode" or something. there's loads of grip up until that though :) ...my old dunlops were good you could even steer the car to some degree when it was understeering... but i wouldn't say that had more grip
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Definitely keep us posted - the Eagle F1 GS-D3's that USED to be good have changed. The ones I used to run were the German made ones......these have been discontinued and they only supply the cheaper made Asian ones - the quality of them is nowhere near as good - although they are now cheaper.. :P
The Ex-Sec
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I heard about the "cheapening" of the GS-D3's... that sucks cause were a cracking tyre.

Well, so far so good. Seem to have a little more grip on take off (mind you, I may well have had that same grip when the old tyres were fresh.. hard to tell) but I'll know for sure after I give them a run at Oran Park next month. Link here if anyones interested:
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... c&start=20
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

aza013 wrote:they look good Ben :twisted: keep us updated on how they go.
as you may know as well the Hankook RS2's are no longer are avalable :evil: to Australia unless some one still has them in stock.
I was in at a tyre shop today & he got in touch with the distributor & they said that they're still selling them & haven't heard about them not being available..

Checked out some reviews on the Federal SS595's & ordered a set this arvo for $142/corner .. they seem like a pretty decent tyre & from comments I've read & people I've talked to say that they're near impossible to break traction with even if you try.. the only negative thing I heard was from a place that doesn't stock them saying that Hankooks are better quality ..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

$142 a corner is a f**king sensational price 8O

Oh hang on... are you on 17's?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

yeah 215/45/17

Almost paid $193 but when I got to the workshop they LUCKILY didn't have any in stock :)