AUTO GEARBOX

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

unknownperson
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

AUTO GEARBOX

Post by unknownperson »

recently i got a fto 1/2 cut with the 6a12 mivec and it came with an auto/ tiptronic gearbox,

im not a big fan of autos, i love manual cars. but the only manual gear box i can find they want 1300 for it, any way what is the tiprtonic like in the auto? is there much lag time when you change up or down like e.g. ford ba falcons wont chang til about 1.5 secconds after you have already shifted up/down

if the fto gearbox is similar is there any way of changing it or is there a reason it does it?

thanks
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Mines is responsive as, when you flick it, it changes almost instantaneous (sp?). But it all depends on how the box as been look after. I have driven manuals all my life (used to laugh at ppl with auto's) but now i wouldnt go back to manual. Just go down to your local car salea place and take one for a spin and see how you like it.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
lwrida
Mechanic

Post by lwrida »

+1

The tip does respond almost instantaneously, yet does depend on the condition of the transmission itself.

Mine used to have a lag of 1.5 sec, until it got recod. now its as beautiful as it could ever be.
aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú sibh sin mé bualadh craicinn sibh... FTO GPX 95' táirgí tuilí
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8306/banner2ae0.jpg[/img]
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

As above, stick on steering wheel controls and yopu have the ultimate for twisty roads, quick changes with no hands of the steering wheel.

And dont believe all the hype about them being miles slower. They are heavier but a recent rolling road test in the UK showed manual losses were around 25.5% from fly to wheels and the tip losses were around 26.7%.

Thats only 2-3 BHP difference over 197BHP.