electronically adjustable suspension?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

electronically adjustable suspension?

Post by BorepYano »

oober noob question here lol

yes i have searched but came up with nothing :P.

on top of that i know nothing what so ever about suspension :oops:

is there an adjustable suspension setup for the fto that u can electronically adjust from in the cabin?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Only such setup I know of is the Tein EDFC. And no... it doesnt fit, the servo motors on the front struts are too big to fit under the bonnet.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Bennoz wrote:Only such setup I know of is the Tein EDFC. And no... it doesnt fit, the servo motors on the front struts are too big to fit under the bonnet.
do you know by how much by any chance??
kiz wrote:
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

found a company a while ago that i think had electronic adjusting aswell but i forgot the name... long name and they only had a simple cheap website. I think it had a T in it...

tryed to find em just then but i found out that Tanabe make a kit aswell...... don't think they make anything to suit the FTO though. they'll fit on the front from evo 2-6.5 IIRC though, maybe up to evo9. so you could use them and fit teins on the back but its a waste of money really when you can just get out and adjust htem yourself, i reckon, for a much cheaper price.

http://www.frsport.com/Tanabe-Electroni ... _7710.html
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Bennoz wrote:Only such setup I know of is the Tein EDFC. And no... it doesnt fit, the servo motors on the front struts are too big to fit under the bonnet.
Might be remembering wrong but i think Tein have revised their edfc and it's now smaller. May fit now.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Delvance wrote:
Might be remembering wrong but i think Tein have revised their edfc and it's now smaller. May fit now.
Correct... however remember this is only Dampning controll... cant adjust height of car..

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I was talking to a tein rep at AS and asked him same question and said exactly what sam said. Damper control but no such thing as ride height control without going for the airbag setup like the gangster hopping cars, but doing that seriously fucks up your handling
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Yeah i know it doesn't do height. Gotta get the C spanner out for that one.

EDFC is cool though.
I remember when i had my fto...when i had female passengers with me, i'd quickly pop the bonnet and dial in softest then move the carpet in the boot a bit and go softest.

Soon as they were off, it was 5 clicks front and 3 clicks rear :D

Damn an edfc would've been handy for that...or when i had to go down parramatta or kingsgrove road :evil:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

yeah i'm not so much looking at changing the ride height while driving :)

just dampering... 1 of the reasons i'm looking into this is because i cant decide what i want... my spin in tact or going faster around corners lol

i have read a bit about Tanabe while i was at work, seems kinda cool... with that said... i think i'll start saving up lol :lol:
kiz wrote:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

It does seem that the new Tein units are available - not yet tested on an FTO thou by the looks of it...

Well, here's how you can find out:
http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/new_edfctejun.html

And here's the compatability listing:
http://www.tein.co.jp/e/price_list/appl ... bishi.html
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yang do you know how easy it is to change damper on normal adjustables (like mine). it takes like 20 secs
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

But its so much cooler not having to get out of the car :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah thats why i never adjust mine. just keep it on the herdest setting and then drive along the motorway hobbling, while im watching the chic's boobs next to me going up and down, quite mesmerising hahaha
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

http://www.greddy.com/products/display/ ... ategory=76

Something like this only prob has to be used greddy shocks