Upgrading brakes from GR to GPX

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Upgrading brakes from GR to GPX

Post by testlabmonkey »

Just wondering what parts I would need if I wanted to upgrade the GR braking system to the GPX brakes (front wheels only).

From what I know its basically the calipers and the discs is that all i need to consider?

Ben
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep pretty much just discs & calipers (and pads of course.) I would however recommend getting the GPX brake master cylinder as well. It has a 15/16" bore as opposed to the 7/8" bore of the GR unit. Bigger bore = more fluid pushed to calipers.
dstocks
National Vice President

Pads and Calipers

Post by dstocks »

Its only the front ones that are different isnt it. I think the rears are the same.

Anyway, I have a full set of discs and calipers (all 4 if necessary) sitting in a box in the shed if you decide to go there.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    testlabmonkey
    Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

thanks guys. dstock I will let you know what I need. My GR has a Mivec engine but unsure if they upgraded the brake system as yet.
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

testlabmonkey wrote:thanks guys. dstock I will let you know what I need. My GR has a Mivec engine but unsure if they upgraded the brake system as yet.
    Engine transplant?

It's like you have a GPX with brakes downgrade.
    testlabmonkey
    Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

JOeJOe wrote:Engine transplant?

It's like you have a GPX with brakes downgrade.
    Exactly. Turns out that I do not have the GPX brakes. I will post a thread in the wanting to buy section for the master cylinder and front calipers.