Any real-world gains from playing with ignition timing?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Any real-world gains from playing with ignition timing?

Post by kid_dynamite »

As part of some homework before the chequebooks come out - has anyone actually played around with the timing on the FTO using an aftermarket controller?

Eg with an e-manage, Haltech, etc?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, they have mine advanced a little (using type A Unichip) which saw it run up a very healthy 120 odd kw's at the wheels (keeping in mind im non-mivec) but coming into summer now, she doesnt mind a little pinging on the hot days as a result. Im having it wound back a bit for the hot months.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

my emanage came out of my car today...u want it?
cb
Grease Monkey

Post by cb »

so if i get a greddy e-manage and get somewhere to tune it (anyone know any good places) how much additonal power should i get roughly i can get greddy e-manages really really cheap, perhaps if their is enough interest i could organise a group buy?
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

With some decent basic mods (intake, exhaust etc), looking at 10kw atw extra.

Bennoz, CRD's dyno reads high, a fair bit higher..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I know, my 126 at CRD was 118 at UAS.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

That's an alright difference! My friend's wrx showed 142kw at crd then after boost controller install and tune (higher boost), it read 122kw at another place (that reads ok). Dodgy bastards...

One of my friends owns a well known workshop...after receiving numerous complaints of "losing" power looking back at their crd dyno, he took one of his cars and dyno'd it at crd lol. I think he found an average of 10kw atw optimistic at crd.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

khunjeng wrote:my emanage came out of my car today...u want it?
UH HELLO LOOk AT MY SIG :D
PM sent
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8AFRE wrote:UH HELLO LOOk AT MY SIG :D
PM sent
this thread was form 2006...its gone over 1 year ago.

everyone stop sending me pms about it I wont reply...as many of you have found. If you want one just go buy it.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

:lol: Dont i feel like a twat :oops: Nice work CB good to see your not letting any post die haha,

KARMA's A BITCH :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
cb
Grease Monkey

Post by cb »

Haha poor thread it didn't want to die
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

cb wrote:Haha poor thread it didn't want to die
LET IT DIE :lol: