Polyurethane Bushes and Engine Mounts

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO99R
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTO99R »

Finally found the time to have a decent look at the suspension and I was pleasantly surprised. Cusco coil overs front and rear.

Heres the strut tops in the front

And heres the rear

And this is the spring compression adjustment I was talking about, theres one top and bottom. If anyone knows how to adjust them or whether I should just leave it be let me know.

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

to adjust camber, unscrew the bolts, raise the car to take the weight off the wheel. kick the wheel at the top for negative camber, kick the wheel at the bottom for positive camber.
Wheel alignment is over rated anyway :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Dude if you dont know what your doing id recommend leaving it to an expert but dont be shy getting them to explain the process with you.

Ok ill have one more go at explaining it
There are five adjustments that can be made. Sometimes only some can be adjusted depending on the type of coil ova

Damper: Effects whether soft or hard ride (looks like adjustment with small screwdriver on your setup)

Ride Height: How low the car sits on top of the wheels. (Easy to do when you know how but if you dont and if you dont have right tools get professional needs wheel alignment afterwards)

Camber: The angle that the wheel sits out (eg bottom sitting out further than top) Get professional, needs wheel alignment afterwards

Castor: The angle the wheel sits in the arch. (probably not adjustable on your setup Get professional, needs wheel alignment afterwards)

Toe: Whether the tires aim in or out (Get professional, needs wheel alignment afterwards)

CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

aw cusco zero 2... :)

adjust the bottom ring for height adjustment/damper length
adjust the top rings (spring seat) for preload adjustment and height adjustment

its easy enough

though adjusting the height front/rear also changes the weight distribrution though, so i'd probly leave it if its not over/under steering, or lower it evenly all round. just need 2 c-spanners
Wheel alignment is over rated anyway :lol:
i meant precisely kick it!
camber is overrated anyway... :P
...just as long as you know what setting your setting it to
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

i meant precisely kick it!
:lol: LMAO
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

C Spanners:

FTO99R
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO99R »

Thanks for your help I8AFRE
I'm gonna jack up the car over the weekend and have a look at the different adjustments. Not touching the camber though. Im then gonna take it to a suspension place, get a wheel alignment and ask for a bit of a 'tutorial' on how to make proper adjustments. I'm sure if I offer to pay for their time they'll be more than willing to help me out.
Then wakefield park here we come. Maybe even eastern creek or Oran park, not sure if they still do track days.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Lemmie know if you go to Wakefeild, I'll come :)

The creek is excessively pricey if you just want to go for an open track day, about $260 from memory. Be up for it at Oran, their web is sh*t, so you gotta call them.
FTO99R
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO99R »

Oran park sounds like the best option. Great circuit and about 20 mins drive for me. I'l investigate prices and if its a goer I'l start a thread.
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

i'm up for a track day too! keep us posted.

also, you all keep mentioning droplinks, and that sounds go away after a bit of driving. are these also known as swaybar links, coz i havent heard of them. also where can i get these units for lowered springs?