Apexi N1 evo or Fujitsubo legalis R??

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bushido
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Apexi N1 evo or Fujitsubo legalis R??

Post by bushido »

Got quoted 1160 for the legalis R and 980 for the Apexi N1 evo. N1 looks more rice but spices up the sound of the FTO heaps!! Legalis is more discrete and has huge gains in power and torque (apparently).

Which one do yoou guys think is better? Im leaning more to the N1 myself.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

I'd get the legalis R but i'm a fujitsubo fan boy. Their exhausts are designed to make really good notes. And don't sound like an average exhaust...
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

actually
if u are after an noisy car, don get the fujitsubo
coz taht one sounds like stock until u go on mivec i would believe.
the N1 on the other hand is the complete opposit taht sounds like the sound waves are about to blast through and shatter every single glass within 50km radius from u lol (a bit exaggerated i know but u know what i mean)

so u are choosing exhuast from 2 different ends...
i would go the HKS hi-power if u can...they sound good
or ANY kakimoto exhuasts are sexc in my opion
i'm using kakimoto regu06&r on my evo
it sstock quiet, but when high in the revs, sounds bloody amazing!!!
now thats a hidden tiger for u young one! stealth is good! cops wont know + i pass the 90db test !
past ride : FTO gpx with lots of bling bling
Current ride: EVO 8 with the MOST CARBON IN AUSTRALIA....206KW AT ALL WHEELS
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

That's the best part though fto617, quiet and stealthy but if you need to use some power, then it starts screaming :D i never liked the fact that my fto made a racket even during normal driving. Got some dirty looks once in awhile lol.

Fujitsubo have several series of exhausts too...if you want noise, get the powergetter hehe. My mate has an RM01A SS on his wrx, it sounds really good...not like the average wrx you hear and when he's under load and shifts, i cream my pants :P well not quite but you get the point lol.

Though i'm not sure if Fujitsubo will still make exhausts for the fto in all their series/models ? I don't think i saw any last time i was on their webby.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I had Apexi N1 and its so annoying on the FWY and when you at the light, it sounds like I'm trying to drag everyone when i only taking off normally, i end up getting a Apexi Super Silencer for it.

I had Kakimoto and Fujitsubo on my other cars before, its quite during idle and very nice note when you give it a go.

Remember last thing you want is a loud exhaust when you don't have the performance to match.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Remember last thing you want is a loud exhaust when you don't have the performance to match.

Great point FTO338.

So the general consensus is that the legalis R is quiet at low revs, normal driving etc.. but when you hit Mivec its a banshee?? :lol:

And the N1 is a loud m****fKer all the time??

Would anyone happen to know whihc one gives the most power gains?
I think the legalis is the rational choice, less attention from the cops etc.. But ive always been a bit of a brash guy.. So still leaning towards the N1. Its cheaper plus its got the cannon look.
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

My tuner told me fujitsubo gives the best gain... :roll:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

bushido wrote: And the N1 is a loud m****fKer all the time??
With the setup i hard, its louder then a Harley (without the Apexi Super Silencer) :lol: My Mrs use to say she can hear me coming home from 2 suburb away. (no sneaking out at night :cry: )
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

yet to be decided yet.. might just go to the shop and have a look at both.

Apexi N1 seems like the better buy..ahh decisions!!

:x
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

id look for HKS, i had the choice between hks and n1 & the hks was a lot quiter but still sounds good.

Check out for old, discontinued exhausts. I picked up my HKS for $500 as there werent many left in aus new -
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7505/picture010sn8.jpg
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Or you could go with the Varex by Xforce completely adjustable by remote HE HE. DOnt know what performance is like but the whole gimmicky idea rocks IMO. Need to sneak out late at night no worries just push a button sounds quite. Pull up next too, some gimp, in a done up Hyundai, press the button and watch him whimper back into his box HE HE :twisted:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I8AFRE wrote:Need to sneak out late at night no worries just push a button sounds quite. Pull up next too, some gimp, in a done up Hyundai, press the button and watch him whimper back into his box HE HE :twisted:
LOL She still hear me from 1 suburb away when i installed the silencer.

No problem now, my daily ride don't make any noise, no one know its coming until i actually "nudge" the person from behind. :lol:
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

had a look at teh Varex. I called Xforce at Lidcombe (Sydney) and they said they didnt make exhausts systems for FTOs. :cry: Varex would be quite cool though.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

had a look at teh Varex. I called Xforce at Lidcombe (Sydney) and they said they didnt make exhausts systems for FTOs. Varex would be quite cool though.
well get a whole lot of mates to start ringing them up of the next month. Then once they see how many ppl have fto's they start making them :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

EURO wrote:id look for HKS, i had the choice between hks and n1 & the hks was a lot quiter but still sounds good.

Check out for old, discontinued exhausts. I picked up my HKS for $500 as there werent many left in aus new -
Couldn't agree more. Glad mine had a HKS on it when I bought it. The V6 growl at 4 or 5 000 rpm sounds sooo good.