Not Good Enough - Castle Hill Service Centre

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

chy
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Not Good Enough - Castle Hill Service Centre

Post by chy »

Found this while doing my weekly research. Some of you might be interested.
From www.notgoodenough.com.au

chy

------------------------------------------
Castle Hill Service Centre
"Why was the gearbox initially replaced, when the fuel lines were causing the problem?", asks Banwait

On January 7 2004, my car started stalling while driving. I managed to get it to Castle Hill Repair Centre (formerly Castle Hill Mitsubishi Repair Centre) and explained the symptoms to the staff there. I instructed them to look over it and call me when they found the problem.

A day later the mechanic told me that it required a gearbox overhaul [$1,900], and that it would take 2 days.

7 days later I picked up the car.

Next week the exact same problem recurred. This time I had it towed. I was told it might be another problem even after I said the SAME thing was happening as before.

The next day I was told the inhibitor switch was faulty, and this was replaced.

2 days later the problem recurred. I again had it towed. I advised them again the same problem was happening, and they said they would look over it and let me know. I told them a 100 times that it can't have been the gearbox at fault, they just kept saying leave it to us, leave it to us.

A few days later I got a fax saying the fuel filter, fuel lines; fuel pump all needed cleaning/replacement [$700].

So why was the gearbox initially replaced, when the fuel lines were causing the problem? I never told anyone to replace the gearbox, I asked for the stalling issue to be resolved. I asked the manager and he has no answer.

He said the car was given to a sub-contractor for the gearbox repair, thus it is “not their problemâ€
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

wow, that is quite a story! i have a 100k service coming up and i getting scared about what they will tell me is wrong now.

you could take that story to the news if you wanted, im sure they would have a field day over it all. might not get the problem fixed but could at least get back at them. (thats if the business is being run by the same people)
Whats an FTO?
llsf1225
Apprentice

Post by llsf1225 »

I had the same thing happened before with ultra tune in SA.
At that time I had a ford telstar tx5, I had the Idel problem,
so I took my baby to ultra tune see if they can help.
They told me that my baby need a tune up and service ($500 in total).
After the tune up, the car seems run ok, but after couple
of days the car just staffed up, I can't start it any more.
After that I took it to ultra tune again, they said the fuel pump
need to be replace($600). But after replaced the fuel pump, they
said the Ideling problem is still there, after that they said my ignition module and ignition coil have to be replace($600). After all those done, they said the car still have the Ideling problem, may be the computer have some problems, so they have to borrow one from ford it costed me $200 for two days hire fee.

finally, they checked out the problem was the Harmonic balancer....and cost me $400 more..........

So totally i paid nearly $2500 for the Ideling problem