Sourcing HID Light Kits

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by ruchi »

Some of the dash lights in the FTO work the same way, they have a blue pastic cap over them to turn the yellowish / orange light into a whiter light, so it looks better on your guages.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

fto12345 wrote:First of all I don't think you should go and start painting your light bulbs cause that will eventually stuff up your bulbs as the paint will melt due to the bulb temperature.

So how much is the cheapest you can get a set of HIDs for an fto?

I know there are two different ones you can get...one is the h4 style so that it has the high beam and low beam...all HIDs..
The other one is the 9006 ones which are just the low beams...

So how much for the 9006 ones?

Any one know?

Thanks,

Actually i've find both 9006 & H4 had Bi-Xennon kits available (low/high beam) So basically u can use both. I had 9006 before, & now i'm using H4. I was told that 9006 was the older term for H4....anyone want 2 clarify this???
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

No,

H4 is those bulbs that go in your average family cars that has high beam and low beam in one. So you would see two filaments in the bulb.

The 9006 is the low beam for your FTO and it only has one filament in the bulb.

Trust me, I used to work in a car accessories shop and used to sell these all the time.

:)