General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Robb
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

WTF is this???

Post by Robb »

I've got 2 questions...

1. Just striped the interior of my car and when I removed rear plastic mould (rear seat arm rest.. drivers side) I found a metal box thing between the 2 seatbelt roller thingy's it had wires pluged in the bottom and what looks like a flexible ariel about 20cm long in the top... does anyone know what this thing is..

2. Whats the difference between connecting the grounding wire from stuff like strobe lights, wiperjet lights, etc etc. to either a good chassis ground or just to the negative terminal on the battery as I usually just connect it to the negative terminal not the chassis... they all work fine so why is it nessassary to connect to chassis ground???

Yes I maybe the most stupid ass on this planet :oops: but I would really like to know the answer to both questions PRETTY PLEASE :D

Robb...
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

The answer to your 1st question is the reciever to the original factory central locking wossnames
LED ALL the things.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

1) Your car is bugged, Mikey has the receiver and he knows of everything you do in the back seat! :twisted: He shows us the footage at the Melbourne FTO meets! :P

2) You can connect to either the chassis or the negative terminal on your battery, ultimately they are connected anyway and as such both act as ground / negative.

The real issue is the introduction of noise and the increase in resistance due to poor / dirty connections. This noise can interfere with things like your radio and can sometimes be heard through the speakers. It can also effect other sensitive electronic equipment or equipment that relies on radio waves. A poor / dirty connection with also have a greater resistance and as such will require more power to be drawn or could reduce the amount of power getting to the equipment. :!:

So the issue isn't so much whether to connect directly to the battery or the car chassis, it is which will give me the cleaner connection. Generally speaking, you should always be able to find a good ground connection on the chassis at a much closer distance than the battery, so go for this. :idea:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

ruchi wrote:1) Your car is bugged, Mikey has the receiver and he knows of everything you do in the back seat! :twisted: He shows us the footage at the Melbourne FTO meets! :P
yeah, and ruchi was commenting all day about how he loved your hairy arse as he saw the footage... ;):P :twisted:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

geez, you had the opportunity to come up with a MUCH better line there... you blew it! :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

saying things like "andrew loved the smell of your fart" is not exactly my idea of a better line LoL...

...hmmm actually come to think of it, that IS a better line! :P damn...!! :twisted:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

truth be told, I haven't actually seen the footage yet, as Mikey was charging too much for viewing priviledges. He's making a nice profit from it though! :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

ruchi, you have got to stop going to those cheap peep shows during your lunch breaks... Robb is all quality i assure you, bahahaha..!! :twisted:

ok now that sounds wrong on so many levels LoL...!!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

OK, now that's a better line.

You calling Kev's corporate membership cheap? :wink:

hmmm.... perhaps we should get back on topic soon?
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Thanx for the info guys.... MIKEY when the hell am I going to see the royalties from my back seat adventures and does this now mean that now I am as famous as Janet and her "accidental" titty flash....:twisted:

Robb...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Robb wrote:Thanx for the info guys.... MIKEY when the hell am I going to see the royalties from my back seat adventures and does this now mean that now I am as famous as Janet and her "accidental" titty flash....:twisted:

Robb...
as if your backseat adventures aren't enough already..?? LoL...

btw, the last time i saw the money box from the 'proceeds' it was with ruchi when he took it with him to the peep shows! :P
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Kev took me with his corporate membership, so I shouted him to lunch, but when we opened the money box, there was only enough for 2 steamed dim sims. :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

ruchi wrote:Kev took me with his corporate membership, so I shouted him to lunch, but when we opened the money box, there was only enough for 2 steamed dim sims. :P
...and you reckon i charge too much for viewing privileges?! :twisted:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I heard a whisper that the rest of the money went to the charity "save the Mikey foundation" or was it "make Mikey a wish (a turbo car)" :lol:

OK, now this thread is definitely getting off topic, so lets stop while there is still some useful info in here. :wink:

P.S. congrats on passing the 2000 post mark! You spammer! :twisted: