Aerial Installation

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kazbah
National Secretary
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Aerial Installation

Post by kazbah »

Hi everyone, Happy New Year (yeah I know, I'm a bit slow!)

Anyhoo, has anyone installed an aerial in their car. My FTO is a 95 model and therefore has no external aerial - only the one that runs across the back window. As you can imagine the radio reception is shite so I was thinking of installing a proper aerial. Have anyone of you guys done this? Wires easy to access?

Thanks
Karen
Teh Ban Queen!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

karen,
i haven't had a problem with my stereo... (no external)... if i were going to get this done i'd probably talk to a panel beater to get it done professionally as they have to punch a hole in the car.the wiring loom should already be there as it was an option on all models from memory. it'll simply be a case of getting an electric one installed where it should be
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Thanks Seve,

I'll look into it and find out the costs

See ya
Karen
Teh Ban Queen!
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

hi kazbah

on both my last car i put on those arials you stick to the glass, like the mobile phone one, they work well and i think i will be done the same soon, as in the country you get nothing unless you in town

robert
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Thats a great idea Robert. Just one (maybe) very stupid question. Cos you put it on the back window where the aerial already is - does it still need to be wired in or does it amplify the aerial already in the window and therefore help with signal. I have the same problem, I live too far from the city to get a decent signal!

Karen
Teh Ban Queen!