General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by smorison »

ok lets set a time....

say 8pm next tuesday on irc?

actually i can setup a chat thing for this i think so we can do it via the website
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

just had a look at the chat program its pretty crappy so we'll do it on irc
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok by law u can't leave any form of advertising on car windscreen, is call "littering" so if some smartass decide 2 sue us, we'll b in deep sh*t!!!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Next Tuesday is no good for me... latest is Monday night or this weekend.

...and do we really have to use IRC? can't we just use MSN / ICQ or something??
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

GPXXX wrote:well we can always conference in on MSN (up to 6 users i think)...

as far as promoting the advantages or opportunities for being a club member, well plans are underway for club discounts/deals at selected retail stores (details to come as they become available) so hopefully that'll be a good incentive to lure members in.

oh and instead of leaving promotional pamphlets on windscreens, i don't see why we can't use 'business cards' instead (so we won't have to carry too many around in our wallets).

I think GPXXX has a good idea with the 'Business Card' deal... I myself have placed many pamplets on windscreens mainly to get some more owners here in Canberra to become members but I always run out and can only put them on ftos when I'm in or near my car but if we had business cards in our wallets it would make it a lot easier.... also the pamphlets give some owners heart attacks cos the think they have been given a parking ticket or something.....:(

Robb...
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

FTO338 wrote:Ok by law u can't leave any form of advertising on car windscreen, is call "littering" so if some smartass decide 2 sue us, we'll b in deep sh*t!!!!
I'm just pulling this out of my ass but wouldn't it have to be left on the ground to be considered littering cos if you leave rubbish on a table at a takeaway thats not littering only if its dropped on the ground is it littering[ok that was the dumbest statement ever concieved]

Actually is it even possible to sue someone for littering yes maybe fine them but I dont think I've ever heard of someone getting sued for littering... and I think I would bash someone if they called the cops on me for put a business card on their car

Ok I know nothing of the law as I seem to brake it all the time so I guess I'm wrong on each point ~think I'll go play the playstaion~ :)

Hey FTO338 dont bash me for not agreeing with you - I'm only a poor peseant who doesnt know the law.....:)

Ps. You can put this reply down to the excessive amounts of cafine that I've just drunk ~GOD DAMN BLEND 43~

Robb...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok lesson one on the law

If the Law against u, u better look for the Facts
If the Facts against u, u better look for the Law
And if the Facts & Law against u, then U R FUCKED!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

lesson # 2 on law:

don't f*ck with Kevin...

;):D:D
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

I dont like the law it gives me a headache....:(

Robb...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ah that sucks mikey,
i can't do this weekend or monday as i'm sailing in a regatta and won't be around (or if i am i can't actually guarantee a time)...

so do we postpone it? any objections?

mikey PM me your work schedule please if that's where the conflict is i'll do my best to work around it
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

just go ahead with the conference as per schedule and I will try my best to make it... I'll use my friend's PC if I have to...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ok so its back on details as per news item.

can you guys let me know who's coming thanks
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

u should have it on austnet, mainly b/c its more well known and easy to use.
the addy is:
au.austnet.org OR iinet.austnet.org

just a thought.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

I totally agree with the Business Card Idea and entering highly modified FTO's in car shows like Auto Expo and Auto Salon etc. The best way to promote car clubs at Car shows are to get several models handing out pamphlets with "FTO Australia" printed on their tops.

I have done this several times with my FTO, and it is amazing how many people this attracts. My models at the Auto Expo were giving out Exclusive business cards, while standing next to my car. That weekend the hits on the Exclusive website were the highest ever. Therefore having models giving out business cards is effective..

(PS. For you guys that dont know, "Exclusive" is a Japanese Import Car Club in Melbourne)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Now what did we learn from DZYRME boys & galz!!! Sex sell, & lots of its!! Steve, Mikey, don't 4get to add "Promotion Models" in your draft!!!!

Hey theres Sexpo in melbourne this wkend, any takers 2 hand out flyers at the show????? Mikey i know u love 2 but u got work!! haahaaha
Last edited by FTO338 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote:Now what did we learn from DZYRME boys & galz!!! Sex sell, & lots of its!! Steve, Mikey, don't 4get to add "Promotion Models" in your draft!!!!

Hey theres Sexpo in melbourne this wkend, any takers 2 hang out flyers at the show????? Mikey i know u love 2 but u got work!! haahaaha
models ey? hmmm.... ;)
well since Brendan is stuch a stud muffin, i'll leave him with the promotion task eh? ;)

and yes, unlike 'some' who only think about Sexpo, i actually got work to do! :P:P
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

Yeah, would agree with some flyering of large events depending on cost.
Otherwise I reckon the simplest and best is to have the web address sticker across the back window, up front and center, it's simple and easy to remember I think :idea:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

as we move forward, the club should be able to support a limited amount of promotional activities (directly proportional to the number of financial members).
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

If the following years events were organised before the end of the current year, then we could create a FTO Australia calendar with the dates in it.

The calendar could be a fund-raiser for the club and could feature the best cars from around Australia.

The events wouldn't need to be organised fully, just the dates set.