Is this fto worth buying?

Post by jonowong »

http://www.carsales.com.au/please/carsales ... stance=500

because im lookin for an fto to buy...
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

well you chose the right type of car to buy, cant go wrong there

that car your looking at there looks pretty damn good value, from just looking at it i am quite jealous. if i was buying my fto again you would have some competition for that car.

i rekon you could get that for 15500. i say that because the guy i bought mine from asked 16900 and i got for 15500. and even if you can thats still good price, just make sure you inspect car thougholy. might even be an i dea to ask someone in the club that lives near there to drive out there with you to have a look at the car.

Tom
Whats an FTO?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

does anyone wanna come with me?
i think i might go see it on thursday
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Beening black colour, its easy to tell if its had a minor damage or major accident!

Check all the weilding points, especially under the door, cause good panel beater can do a good job for the boot & under the bonnet, but no one can ever hide the weilding point once it got a side impact!!

& Good Luck mate on purchasing a FTO
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Theremin
Grease Monkey

Post by Theremin »

The Car is standard, Only Air Filter Added.
Those kick plates don't look very standard.
Heavy Duty Suspension
What does this mean?
Trip Computer
That isn't standard. It may have been an option or added aftermarket. Or perhaps they are just referring to the trip meter.

Otherwise looks like a nice clean FTO. The KMs (assuming they are true) sound about right - probably a bit lower than average for a 1995 car. Just watch that you can get through rego. with the aftermarket airfilter.
Coffeboy

Hey Jonowong

Post by Coffeboy »

Hi Guys,

Yes that's my little beast, Due to the Fact, that I just got married, My wife, Wants me to get rid of this car now, She want's me to have a family car. (4 Door) ... Not Happy JAN !!!!

I really dont want to sell the car. But I think it's time to say good bye to the car, It has been loved a lot.

The car has a aftermarket Air Filter, However, I will include the orignal air filter with the car, plus all the screw's I still have in a little box.

The Kickplates, were like that when i got the car, The Car has had no accident's at all, Although there is a little cosmetic damage, However being a 8-9 year old car, what can you expect.

If you are really intrested, drop me an email @

william@pettaras.com.au

Cheers !!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

it's funny how some men buy certain cars to attract girls, and later down the line the girl somehow force / convince the guy to sell the car that attracted her to him in the 1st place... :lol: jk!
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Mikey mikey mikey!!!! I hope I get a dollar every time you get slapped by the ladies for those remarks....hahahahahahaha I'll be a millionaire
*starts dreaming of all the mods I'm gonna get*

Robb...
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

i second that mikey, i see it happen all the time
Whats an FTO?
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

heavy duty suspension? geez the stock ride is painful enough! :)

yeah never heard of a trip computer in an FTO? maybe his talking about the odometer?