Damn Belt is askew...

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SilentBobMk2
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Damn Belt is askew...

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

Well after going out tonight and having some fun, geting back in the car to head the the movies and what do i hear...a wierd kind of ticking sound, which increases as revs increase....
hmmm, night time so i take a look but cant see anything, was worried but was late for the movie so i drove it carefully there...
after the movie i investigate some more(overhead street light helped)...looking at one of the belts(which seems to be where the noise is coming from) at the front(pretty much the one on the left, closes to the front and up the top??? dont know which this is) is marginally off its runner...

Would this be causing the noise and also, how easy is it to adjust to get it back on???
Should I be panicing?

SilentBob
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

Well, incase anyone was wondering, even with my lack of mechanical knowledge i fixed it...
The internet is wonderful, another fto website had a brief tute on changing the belts, and where the tensioner etc was,
a 14mm socket from the socket set later, and a few turns and stuff and my belt is back where its meant to be and tight and inplace

hooray, no more panicing for me :)

SilentBob
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

ticking belt? or was it more of a fluttering type noise?

Increasing ticking sound sounds to me like its more of a lifter problem. Did it only do this during the first few minutes of startup or for the whole trip?