General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bluntman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Front Number Plate

Post by Bluntman »

How u all going?
I was wondering is it legal to have no number plate on the front of your car, i have seen quite a few cars going round without front number plates, someone i know even said u dont have to have one... does anybody know the legality of this??
Thanks
Going sideways at 140km/h isnt as fun as it sounds!
www.actionpaintball.com.au
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

i know that in melb you have too, my brother got pulled over because he had his front number plate on the dash on the inside of his car... 8O
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

And yet i never got pull over when i didn't put the front number plate with my old car!!! I did got pull over for speeding, but the cop didn't say anything about the front number plate!!!

Well heres my 2cents anyway, u can always tell the cop your plate was stolen/fall off/lost, & you already order an replacement from RTA, VicRoad....etc! It works, cause my uncle got his number plate stolen once, & he told that 2 the cops with no drama!!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

legally in Victoria you can drive without plates on, but you must have a permit from Vicroads which usually lasts for up to 3-4 weeks. Why would you drive without plates on, well you better have a darn good reason for it...
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

Thanks for the info guys, anybody from NSW that could clear this up for me???
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

You definately have to have number plates for both front and back..And no questions asked.

However, as with everything you will probably only get pulled over if you are un-lucky.

Just because you don't follow the rules you'll get pulled over every time you drive, but this doesn't mean it's legal.

No number plates in the front is illegal..
And is clearly stated in the RTA road rules!
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

thanks for clearing that up