hnm738
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

crank angle sensor code 22??????

Post by hnm738 »

hi

i did a diagnostic test on my car
and it came out of a code number 22 which is for "crank angle sensor"

does anyone know what that is? and what it does?

thank you
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

On the cruise to kiama, driving along.. next minute the engine check light comes on, the engine revs up and down... then dies when i pull over.
Turn out bit of the fan belt wrapped itself around 3wires going to the 'crank angle sensor' and snapped one of them.... Seems to have happened to a few ppl...
But i mean if your engine is still running... and running well... then i cant see why it'll be coming up as a problem?...
Anyways the sensor is down by the pulleys.. bit of a bitch to get too...
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

oh thats weird

cause its only my tip playing up
and i just thought if its something to do with my tip it would be one of the sensors there

but anyways where did u get a new one? cause mine is reporting that there is a problem with that and maybe it has something to do with my tiptronic problems because yeah it does rev up high then jumps in to 3rd gear and i have to switch off and start the engine again then its normal

thanks for your reply
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

how did u get the code ?? cause my lyellow light lit up a few weks ago, and i was worried that soemthing was up, but i plugged it into i think a mut II and it couldnt communicate
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a diagnostic fault code does not necessarily mean the fault is current, rather that it has happened some time in the past.

This fault could have happened to the previous owner of the car, and they may have fixed it, but unless the diagnostic system is reset, it will continue to come up with that error.

I am 95% sure that this info is correct, but am willing to concede that I may has misunderstood the info I read on the diagnostic stuff, so if someone with more experience could confirm this, either way, it would be appreciated.
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

i got the code from doing this diagnostic test i read from this link
i have a tip gpx and the "N" neutral flashes instead of the engine icon

in the article the engine icon flashes because i think its a manual

hers the link
http://www.ftowa.com/html/workshop/workshopart07.html
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

i did the same, and got error 14
Throttle position sensor
i will reset my ecu, and try it again in a few days, cause these errors are usually a one off or could of happened ages ago (mostl ikely not the previous owner if it was bought in japan cause the ecu would of been reset. But anyways dude give the test ago its damn simple and might save u money if you spot something early.