General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bluntman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Electric Problems

Post by Bluntman »

Hi, how you all going?
Ive got a problem which i was hoping somebody may be able to help me with. ok... lately ive notice my new stereo not sounding the best, and every so often the battery light might flash on and off, which is weird cos ive got a N7 (truck battery) squashed in there.... so im driving on the freeway today on my way home and all of a sudden the dash decides not to work everything in the dash turns its self off, right now im shitting myself, then, bang back on its comes, get down the street a bit further tacho cuts out... traction control light flashes on....im thinking ohhh sh*t what have i done now??? few minutes pass and im home turn the car off... then i think, hmm ill try and start it.... nothing but a whole lot of clicking, check fuses and everything, one of the rely's is ticking a bit too much, dad and bro agree it mite have a short in the stereo, which has killed the battery. so i just put the thing on charge and will see how it goes tomorrow, and ill take it back to the stereo place
does anybody have any idea to what it might be??
Going sideways at 140km/h isnt as fun as it sounds!
www.actionpaintball.com.au
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

It sounds to me you have an alternator problem. I had the same problem over a year ago with mine. All my lights were flashing while I was doing 100kmh. I advise you to take it to an auto electrician and try not to drive it. The last thing you want is your car to completely cut out while your driving, which will lock your steering wheel, And trust me you dont want that to happen when you are turning a corner. :x
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

ahhh ok then, thanks heaps for that, ill try and get it down there as soon as possible
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

i tool my car to the auto electrician today and he says the alternator is stuffed and is going to try and get a new one or a recon'd one, but has no idea how much or how long its going to take cos they have never done one before.... an excellent xmas pressie :x
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

if they r quick, only few hrs, if not 1wk max! Reco should be around $250+, & new one around $800 or Scracy got one 4 sell around $450 in good condition!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.