General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

lal
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

been defected?

Post by lal »

Hi guys,
just wanted to know who has been defected in this forum? :( (specially to do with the exhaust). I haven't been defected by the cops (the previous owner did), so I had to present the car to the EPA... to cut the story short, I have had to fit in a new exhaust system (2.5").... but put a little muffler at the end (one's you'll find in a Festiva or something)... this was the only one that went under their legal limit...
anyways, now that it has passed... I can put on the cannon that I purchased with the new exhaust system... however... the guy warned me not to change the ones I have now... or steeper penalties will apply... :roll:
I just want to know... if the Police defects you for your muffler... does everyone go to the EPA to get it cleared or are there other ways you guys have experienced?
thanks
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Mate i think MADFTO can answer this question, apparently he pasted the EPA test with his "Harley" exhaust!!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

I can only relate my experences with Victoria rules.

I noticed that Sydney tests at a higher rpm than we do =)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

mate i done think Eric's exhaust sounds anywhere near like Harleys.... you could hear the damn thing from a block away even at idle, hahahaha!!

...ok maybe not but u get the picture.

("bloody azn drivers", LOL..!!!)
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

hey dude,
u need to go to the epa, it doesnt matter who u are or who u know....trust me.
i got 8 defects and got them all cleared without the car being there....but u cant do anything about the epa..........sorry mate.