Handling ability between a FTO and DC2R

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTO338 »

ehehhhh so you decided on the bora at the end yeah heheehh now there are two members with Bora, although there isn't a Bora forum, but it makes it up with lots of performance parts available off the shelf.

You won't feel much different between the Bora & FTO at the corner during normal condition, because FTO are very well balanced car, but once its start raining, you feel there are lots of different in not just corner but in straight too. :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

actually there is a VW/Audi/Mini forum @ vwvortex.com

i dunno much about VWs yet, but yeah it does handle damn good actually i was surprised i can do the corners just as fast if not faster... but FTO just feels more stable since its stuck to the ground. yep it does take off pretty good and im loving the torque especially at the gear changes...

apparently vortex 98 is meant to be good, something went wrong at the refinery and they are actually bit over 100 octane for a few months from what i heard... im lovin it anyway...
Disrespect is easy. Respect is the difficult road to take.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

G1 wrote:true true, im sick of arguing now... they are both very desirable cars.... i seriously looked at a type r before i got my first fto, but as soon as i sat in one... and im nowhere near fat... i just decided i cant drive everyday like this... i wish i was rich enough for 2 cars but as a daily driver the FTO has served me well twice 8O and my friends now get in my bora and say it just doesnt feel the same around the corners but im lovin the torquey engine... im not in a state to write anymore so i'll end my rant and my 2c (actually i think i put a dollar into this one) at that...

hey at least im passionate about something 8)
Haha torque is King. I tell ya G1, some family sedans are underrated :)

Yeah now I also realise how good the FTO community really is, now that I have also moved on.

Treat your FTO community well FTO'ers!!
From FTO to EVO......
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

the FTO has a flatter torque curve than the type r but when compared to big aussie sedans and turbos the FTO has no where near enough in my opinion, but i guess thats the trade off being NA 2.0L!

I read somewhere that the GR produces around 190 NM of torque right? BA falcons have almost double this in their I6. It shows when driving a bigger CC engine around time, does hills start stop hassle free.