Where did we come from?

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Supplanter
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Where did we come from?

Post by Supplanter »

Just curious to know how you people came across this website.

I was looking up sites about FTOs last year to get as much info as possible before i went out and bought my baby, that's how I stumbled across the site, and I think I have found more information and help here than anywhere else. :)
LED ALL the things.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

i believe i found this site while doing a google search for "fto forum"
heh. then i came accross this, then the day after i got my baby, and the day after that i was a member here :P

Tim

Post by Guest »

Same here. I was just searching the web for basic fto information and I came across this site. I was pleased it was australian based and that it contained so much information. I became a member and a couple of weeks later I bought my fto. :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i knew there had to be an FTO forum in Australia somewhere so i just tried my luck and VOILA!

Gotta thank Google for that, hehehehe....! ;)
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

More than 3 years ago a guy called Senri started up a personal home page dedicated to FTOs "I dream of FTO", a small and informal e-mail list started up, and from what i heard, a cruise or 2 eventuated before I joined (through internet search what else). I suggested to move to Yahoo groups and that grew even more and at one stage we were getting flooded with 100+ emails everyday! i still remember the first big cruise to Katoomba, then Kiama, then Canberra etc ... Late last year Steve created this forum, and I was reluctant at first but soon joined up and now this is one of the best FTO related forums in the world. The Yahoo group mailing list is still alive, but not as active as it used to be (and still a valuable resource as all messages are kept in tact).
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Yeah, I caught the tailend of the FTO Yahoo groups. I was on there for awhile (just quietly) when I was interested in the FTO and your mailbox would literally be filled up by the end of the day with messages. But after Senri (I dream of FTO) left (never met him but emailed him about FTOs), things quiet down a little. Stephen then created the Forum after that. The rest is HISTORY!
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

Yes, excellent site. With all members having input, it becomes a great source of information and ideas for your fto. :D