Engine and Tip Box stolen.

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jeff
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Engine and Tip Box stolen.

Post by Jeff »

Please help.

I had sold my old 6A12 to Bennoz, a few weeks ago, and just sold my tip box to Martin, only to find the workshop SUBZERO has done a runner.
I spoke to then 2 weeks ago to let them know Bennoz`s money had cleared and was going to ring to arrange a courrier to pick up the engine. Then last night Martins money cleared and I rang SUBZERO this morning, only to find that the call was diverted to another workshop. Strangely the guy on the phone had a simular accent to the guys from SUBZERO, but insisted they have nothing to do with them. He stated he had bought some machinery from them 2 weeks ago, and as a favour they diverted their number to him.
(YEAH RIGHT.) The new place is in another Suburb from the old SUBZERO, so I have no idea where the box and engine have gone. The new guy stated they were moving to Dubai (Bulls#$%T).
So I now have to refund Martin`s and Bennoz`s money, and I have no warrenty on my car.
If anyone finds a tip box for sale or a 6A12 from anyone without having an FTO please check it out and contact the police.
I spent the afternoon at the local cop shop, putting in a statement, but the officer stated that it was more a civil matter than a criminal one and doubted wheather anything would be done. How can I take these guys to civil court when they have done a runner.
So everyone please check out any tip box`s or 6A12s for me, and if anyone runs into a Mario Pavlovic, contact me and the police.
Many thanks
Jeff
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

This is a classic example of how Australia's Law works :roll: It happen to me before as well.

Anyway, have you still got the engine number by anychance? So we can keep an eye out for it.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

stealing isnt a criminal matter anymore? :roll:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Technically it’s a "contract" between Jeff & Subzero. He left them there in good faith & Subzero didn't go through with the "deal".

There are lots of technicalities when it comes to situation like this, & cops are not going to spend man power to chase up things like this when they can generate revenue by defecting vehicles & giving out speed tickets. :roll:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
AERODYNAMIST
Grease Monkey

Post by AERODYNAMIST »

bloody police won't even do anything when my friend apartment got rob.
2 months ago someone hit my car while it was parked and run away and some nice pedestrian left me a note with the number plate of the guy who hit me...i reported it to police and hasn't heard anything since

bloody police!!!!! :x
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

Yep who cares about male youths.... apparently we all cause the crimes so why bother solving one for us.

If you were some old lady who lost her purse you would get a bigger response :P
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

its true what kev said, more revenue from speeding tickets etc and they wont do anything if someone car is vandalised or broken into etc, at one stage they had 2 speed camera's in like 10 feet . so anyone speeding thru got 2 tickets. talk about double dipping!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hey guys, as you can imagine, we are now looking out for a 6A12 motor for sale, so keep your eyes peeled for any that come up (on Ebay or whatever) without the car attached to it - let Jeff & myself know asap.
Keep in mind, if a dodgy prick flogged it - it may be advertised as Mivec... check for pics.

So any 6A12 engines that pop up for sale anywhere - let me know asap.

Also if its NOT dodgy, I still need one for "project supercharger!" let me know as well!
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Take your story to A Current Affair, they will get scared when the media gets involved and maybe give in?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

you'd also look like a tool on current affair... n people at home would be like cry more u little sh*t... no offence... but thats what my dad always says when he sees people on that show
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

You got a PM Jeff
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Sorry to hear that man

Keep us posted on any updates on the matter