Crashed my fto

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

J_Tee
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Crashed my fto

Post by J_Tee »

Crashed my FTO on ANZAC day, basically my fault. green light at intersection (NOT green arrow) was too keen on following my friends car, so i turned when he did... car going straight through the intersection hit my rear and i spun out into the light pole. The fact that the corolla hit me wasnt TOOOOO bad, but it was the fact that i spun out cause it was soo wet and made greetings with the traffic light that was crap :(

had no insurance not even 3rd party, was in the middle of f*cking organising it!

Basically rear damage is just the bumper + wheel, the front bar and bonnet is totally screwed, needs parts like radiator and the front bits.

Been quotes $10g's including parts! Haha!

Basically money aside, it will be fixed no matter how long it takes. Please no comments about not being worth it or anything. I am attached to it. One lesson i've learned is to pay more attention, had a sh*tty work that night and cant let emotions affect your driving.

So, it's going to get fixed. Car still starts and goes, so engine is good, didnt get that far.

Hmm 10gs, its a load of bull but i will get another quote. I'm in Brisbane, anyone know of any good places for spares?

BTW: Other car was corolla that hit me, paying him out $2g's
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

...was there a reason for driving an UNINSURED car?? turns out to be more expensive for you in the end... that's gotta suck eh?
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Bad luck mate...In my experience I have found that the best range of FTO spares is to be found on the Gold Coast.

There are two main places: Nihon Car parts at Southport and another called Japanese Auto Spares at Burleigh West. The latter seems to have the best range and I saw at least three FTOs (in various states of breakdown) there when I visited about a year ago.