General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chiangstar
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

6A12/6A13 Hybrid conversion

Post by Chiangstar »

hey all
i want to do a 6A12/6A13 head conversion...
does anyone know where i can get a 2.5L naturally aspirated 6a13 engine from? i asked dave thomas but he doesnt have any available at the moment...

2.5L NA V6 Mivec FTO :D
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

SSS automotive at Girraween import motors, I'm not sure if they will be able to find one for you or not.

http://www.sssautomotive.com.au/

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

it would take a lot of tunning
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

yeah its turning out to be a pretty expensive exercise cos the 6A13 block is physically slightly taller than the 6A12 block...so ill have to get new headers...also i think high compression pistons might be in order....as well as a programmable ecu....is it worth it just to keep it NA? its turning out just as expensive as turbo if not more expensive...oh welll..... :(

who cares... high revving, screaming NA engines all the way! :o
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

why not just put the 6a13 block in your car, it would be a lot cheaper, and you wouldnt have the problems with the 613tt motor, of the rear turbo not fitting infront of the firewall, and the intake pipes stopping the bonnet from closing
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

thats exactly what i was planning on doing...i dont want a 6A13tt engine...i just want the 6A13 block and ill fit my mivec 6A12 head onto it....its still gonna cost a fortune though...dave thomas is building one now and he estimates that all up it will cost about 7k!!! this is probly cos you need new modified headers, high compression pistons, ecu, etc...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

if you are just after that 500cc extra worth of torque, then you might as well get this sucker

should work out to be waaaay cheaper too... and you still get to keep your MIVEC, hehehe ;)