FTO Pictures Check it out!!

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote:Ok just uploaded 2 new pics of my interior, this time with a custom white dials, its custom cause it light up purple at night instead the normal aqure (blueish green) color. I also took a pic when the TV is hide away & dvd/glove box is close!
hey dude did u pick those while/purple dials from Vincent last Wed??
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah dude, so u the person he was saying that want the same dials 2 yeah??

Well the other supplier just taking 2 long, plus Vincent said he got one & can custom it 2 purple, i decided 2 take that instead, but very expensive though!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeah, but i wanted aqua instead of purple... plus i'm getting the centre console gauges as well (clock & voltmeter).

apparently he said it was piss easy to install... i'm picking them up next week... can't wait!

damn i shoulda hungaround and meet up with you instead... LOL
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah i've got the centre consoles gauges as well, so i guess u didn't c the pics i've uploaded then!

Yeah it is pretty easy, took me 2 mins 2 take the dash out! & he did the rest!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote:Yeah i've got the centre consoles gauges as well, so i guess u didn't c the pics i've uploaded then!

Yeah it is pretty easy, took me 2 mins 2 take the dash out! & he did the rest!
well when i was there vincent didn't realise that they were included because he said that he did not want the centre gauges because they were not part of your order... but anyway they look so good, i guess it was worth paying an $180 extra for them eh... :wink:

might need you to show me how to take the dash out sometime coz i wanna spray the cluster surrounds in silver (like yours)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well I don't know if its money worth it, the whole dials cost around $500, so if u tell me if is expensive 4 dials then yes it is, but if u ask me who else actually got it in Melbourne & not time waster who promise u the world but nothing shows then i can only say No one else

The dials r ok, the purple color is a bit light & u won't c the effect in the morning, but at night is very noticeable. Cause it light up the whole dials not just numbers or words, so I found its much easier on the eyes then all the other colors during the nite!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i had hoped they had a light blue-ish color similar to the Apex'i EL gauges, but none of the colors they had available was close to it...

so in the end i opted for Aqua color... it's easier on my eyes than the rest i guess.

but yeah, $500 does sound expensive but if you wanna be in it, then you gotta get it - I'm getting mine fitted either late this Wed arvo or Thursday morning...
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Has anyone bought the dials from the KMC Products website in the UK? They are only selling for 65 pounds (about $150 AUD).
fredcdn

Post by fredcdn »

Yeah I've been thinking about getting some of these in white with blue/red.. 180KPH ones of course.

website: http://www.kato.enterprise.btinternet.co.uk/dials.html

That works out to about $125 AUD (plus shipping)

The Indiglo ones would be ~$175 AUD
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah i did consided 2 get the dials from UK, cause they are much cheaper, but none of them got Km/h by it self, even though they said they have on website. & i found the micro size km/h on those one r very annoying! So i guess thats the price i paid 4 just Km/h version!

Just a tip when u getting the dials, make sure they r 4 pieces version for the dash, not the single one, cause the single 1 r real bitch 2 install, & if u getting someone 2 install it, make sure they not going 2 take out the needle!

I got a friend brought a single piece from Jap, cost him $400, looks great & all but the installer said he have 2 take out the needle or theres no other way 2 install it, & end up another $300 2 re-calibate the speedo @ another place!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i been thinking about getting those dials from UK as well, but most of them are in MPH... although they come in KPH as well, they look tacky being on the same dial, so i was hanging out for KPH dials only...

oh well, the money's been spent - can't complain really... :wink:
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

If you have a close look at the pics of the dials on the KMC website, the KPH numbers are large and MPH is in small font. I'll email them to confirm that.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey rxboy I hope u r talking about the Indiglo ones, not the standard dials! Cause thats the one me & 02NV order!
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Blue dials with white/red graphics £50

There's a picture of the speedo with large and clearly visible KPH.
Not the indigo ones with dimmer, cos they don't make them for 5 speed tip.
Assk

Post by Assk »

I emailed the guy from KMC products who manufactures those dials some time back.

The indigo dials are ONLY in MPH.

The others come in a KPH version. (Just KPH around the outside no MPH at all). We got the blue set which is a lighter blue & better than what it looked like in the photo's. The only real problem is a bit of illumination "bleeding" around the numbers that tell you what gear your in.

Some company does the indigo dials in Adelaide. My brother in law got a set for his Supra. A bit fiddley to put in but a definate DYI project, about an hours worth.

They look OK but the font of the numerals is really quite basic and very plain looking.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

well i picked up my white dials and it looked SENSATIONAL!! i can also choose to have green or blue illumination with brightness controls, and they work brilliantly at night... Photos coming soon (after the showoff so stay tuned!)

there's a very faint pitching noise when the lights go on though, but you can't hear it unless it's dead quiet inside the car... so yeah, I'M STOKED!! :lol: :lol:
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

sounds great
so they are in Kms and can you give us some contact details
wouldnt mind getting some myself

cant wait to see them next week

cheers mate
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Speak to Vincent from Motorware in Melbourne on 03-9558-1656: and don't forget to tell him "Michael with the red FTO" sent ya - he can get you a good deal (mine was $500 supplied & fitted - great job too, looks like OEM :wink:).

But Danny since you're in Perth, you may need to get someoneto to install it for you, unless you know your way around wires and sh*t... i had no idea what was going on when the thing was being fitted, so i left it with the 'pros'.

very, very worthwhile mods - i strongly recommend it...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey 02NV, don't 4get 2 take some pics of your new rims! Vincent told me u got some mad Buddyclub rims!!!!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

haha, i'm still trying to work out how to download these damn pics onto my PC from my new digicam, so it won't belong fellas...

yeah, i got the Buddy Club P1 Racing (Series-1) rims in Titanium silver, which is more like gunmetal grey to me but anyways I'm stoked.... looks a hell lot better than my original BBS rims... they only come in 17s max so the reason i got them was because they're lightweight and not too many ppl have 'em... still, i'll be making some modifications to my new rims but i'll reveal them when they're done :wink:

...and i still looooove my indiglo dials!! :lol: :lol: :lol: