FTO Pictures Check it out!!

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Pictures Check it out!!

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah I finally got a chance 2 put up some pics of my FTO as some of you had asked 4 in my other post, ( which doesn't work anymore)

So guys just go 2 the following site, & check it out, & if u can leave a comment back in this post as well would be great!

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/fto_me ... %26.view=t

Enjoy
Last edited by FTO338 on Tue May 20, 2003 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Pretty......
firstly...do those buttons on the steering wheel do anything?
and secondly....what size wheels are they? What kind of price did they set you back cause they look rather nice, and also how far is that car lowered?

SilentBob
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hahahahah gosh even since i've put that steering wheel on, everyone ask me is it NOS!! I had a Momo Jacky Stuart before, & every ask me what it was as well. Anyway I like that steering wheel (Momo Tornedo) before Fast & The Furious came out! They just normal horn button!

The wheels are 17 x 7, it cost me $1600 from Japan as second hand, & it was only 2mths old. If u going 2 get it from Aus, it will set u back around $800 per rims plus tyres. So I don't think anyone else going 2 get a $4000 wheels 4 their car atm.

The car is lowed by 1 1/2" & is adjustable as well. I've got a better pic of that, but it was taken before I had the seat & fog light done. hmmmm maybe i should upload it 2 then.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

4k...OUCH ;)
I think Ill just have to get out photoshop and cut the tyres from yours and paste them onto mine ;)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hey nice ride! :wink:
what exhaust do u have fitted atm? looks like an Apex'i N1 - are they?

and where did u get your interior dash panels sprayed? how much did that cost you? i'm looking at doing the same - if it's too expensive i might consider carbonfibre film instead... :oops:

i'm getting my website sorted out atm, so hopefully it will be up with pics of my FTO as well...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah is a genuine Apex'i N1 cat back exhaust system, & i sprayed the interior dash panel myself, just get a can from any auto paint shop! Cost me 10 bucks, 3 layer of paint in 48hrs!! Simple!!

I've also sprayed the door handle cover 2! (hmmmm i think thats what u call them)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

nice.... was it hard to take the panels off to paint?

atm i'm kinda tossed if i should retrim the interior into light tan/cream suede or just retrim the seats in red velour (with grey inserts by the shoulder bolsters)

i'd like to have some light tan/cream suede with silver panels (like the Porsche), but how much is this gonna cost??
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

The panel took me 2mins max 2 take it off, is very easy! U just have 2 be carefull thats all! I've done this to all the jap import car I had so far, so i got use 2 it!

Yeah the Porsches style interior should look great! U going 4 the GT3 look? or the normal 911 look??
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

errr... aren't they're both the same?? :oops:
...i can't remember which porsche series but it has light tan suede with silver door handles, vents, dash etc... i'm currently looking for a Momo Combat gearknob but they don't come in light tan suede... bugga! looks like i might have to change the trim on the gearknob as well LOL! :x
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

The GT3 had a brush silver at the centre all the way! But the normall 911 only got the gear level bit brush silver! Hmmm thats what i remember, I check 2day, few colleage of mine got Porsches so i just check theirs! ehehehe
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

Dude, you should photoshop your license plate off your pictures . . .

The pictures are in the public place where all undesirables hang out, there have been cases in Victoria where someone has put their details of their car and pics without taking off/editing out the license plates and their car has been stolen . . .

Sad and sorry world but you've got to protect yourself =)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

yeah i know, i did that with my old pic, but not the new one! Well the car is under 24hrs surveillance, so is kinda ok, but i will take the plate out as soon as i got time!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok ppl, i've changed the pic of the Red Sparco Bucket Seats & also the plates on the pics!

Cheers
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Opps just relized that i put the wrong pic 4 Under Bonnet, is the right one now. The only different is that theres a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on the new one!
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

hey dude whos car is it on the link coz i want to see how u did the manual thing on a auto car! its kinda funny but it looks good.
Also quoted earlier about painting interior- what kind of paint did u use?(brand wise)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Thats my car, hmmm the auto/manual thing isn't finish, i just need 2 fix it! Just crab any manual gear level cover & put over it!

Paint wize, just a can of silver from auto paint shop! Nothing special!
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

are u talking about the speedo area in silver?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

r u asking the silver speedo area then???
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

i dunno i jus heard you guys talking about it.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok just uploaded 2 new pics of my interior, this time with a custom white dials, its custom cause it light up purple at night instead the normal aqure (blueish green) color. I also took a pic when the TV is hide away & dvd/glove box is close!