some problem i've got, need advice

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

hnm738
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

some problem i've got, need advice

Post by hnm738 »

1)i think its original deck and i cant seem to pick up any other FM radio stations

was wandering if i put in a different head unit would it be normal? like piking up stations like 104.9 104.1 etc?

2)my exhaust doesnt a good low sound instead it gets rather ear piercing is there anything i could do?

3)when ever i turn the key the fuel pumps work but i could still hear it even my engine is on is this normal? and when you take the key out the fuel pump and be heard for at least 30seconds????

thanks
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

1. Jap-spec head units cannot pick up Oz FM frequency, so yes if you replace the head unit (purchased from Oz retailers) then you will be able to pick up Oz-FM stations.

2. get a new sport muffler

3. not sure about this one... :?:roll:
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

well i got the car came with 3 inch i think exhaust

but dont sound good? so can i do anything with it instead of putting out 1000$ to get better one?

thanks
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hnm738 wrote:well i got the car came with 3 inch i think exhaust

but dont sound good? so can i do anything with it instead of putting out 1000$ to get better one?

thanks
i doubt it comes with a 3" exhaust unless you meant it came with a 3" muffler tip.

if it doesn't sound good, then it's gotta be something to do with the design of the muffler itself. Are you in Melbourne? I can check it out for you someday and make suggestions, unless if you have some pics of it that you can show us...
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

thanks for your generosity but im in sydney damn

heheh well alll i know is that the end pip is like a 4inch tip and im not sure what exhaust i'll try to take some piks tomorw

thank you again though

how do i add piks here anyway?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

use the IMG button when you compose a new post/reply (locted horizontally along the top beneath the subject line)

You will need to have your pics hosted somewhere on the web first before you can link it.

;)
elmo
Grease Monkey

radio

Post by elmo »

cant you get a transformer thingy that hooks up to the aerial and then lets you tune in to AUS FM? The numbers on the dial end up wrong by a factor of ten i think. Try Dick Smith.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

jerrin wrote:yea! my car comes with the stock Mitsu headunit and it sucks! i can only tune into 89.9fm... still have to bear with it for another 4 months before i can get u new headunit... :(
i'm waiting to go back my home country- singapore to get it cos its 1/2 price cheaper than the headunits they retail here for...
hey Mel, can the head units from Singapore tune into Oz-FM stations f fitted here? if so let me know when you're going - i might need your help to bring one in for me... (forget that drink you promised me and we'll call it even, LOL)

ps: i'm rostered off next week, might pop into VA for a chat sometime ;)

Cheers! :)
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

1) You can get a frequency band expander from Jaycar or Dick Smith, some car audio shops even sell them ...probably around $30-$50.
Your numbers on the head unit will show up wrong but you can tune into most stations. Some radio stations you may not be able to pick up (eg at the drive-ins) and some you may get a lot of interference.

I used to have one, but I got rid of it with my old jap radio. I have since replaced it with a cd-mp3 deck.

2) I know in America there was a "whistle-tip exhaust" craze. It is a piece of metal welded inside the exhaust pipes that makes an annoying screeching brake-like squeal. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, I haven't heard of them being anywhere else but in America.
Maybe it is an exhaust leak or something? If not you can always try a new exhaust system.

3) Maybe you don't have a stock pump? If you take your car somewhere for a regular service, maybe you can just mention it and they may be able to tell what it is.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

jerrin wrote:yep! the ones in sg can play Oz fm stations because most of my frens buy their headunits in sg and install them into their Oz cars...

Drop by if u have the time, but i may not alwaiz be there though... i only work on mons and fris 8)
Awesome... will you be able to help me bring one over then? I need a double-DIN MP3 unit - BAD!

i'll see you on Fri perhaps... What time do you start work?
Last edited by GPXXX on Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

sbe8888 wrote: Hi Jerrin,

Outside the topic, but I'm from SG too :D !

aiyaaa Eric, should have asked you to bring one in for me instead when you were still there for holidays, LOL!!