Brake pads from Joe & Riks?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

indyfto
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Brake pads from Joe & Riks?

Post by indyfto »

Anyone had new front brake pads fitted from Joe & Riks? Had mine on for a couple of weeks and they are becoming a real annoyance. Virtually always squeak badly when coming to complete stop - same sound when the car has just been washed and the brakes are squeaky until dried - except the squeaking doesn't disappear! Also getting bucket loads of brake dust all over the front alloys less than a week after washing. Want to know if this will continue or do I need another brand of pads? Don't know what is in there at present but they weren't expensive and I didn't state I was after anything in particular - just need new pads...have driven at least 1500klms already with no improvement.
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Brad,

I just assume Joe and Rik use something that is designed for normal everyday use.

Have your tried really heating them up and bedding them in good with a bit of hard braking? (ie a spirited weekend drive up Nebo, Glorious or both?)

How much is "weren't expensive"?

I have had no problems with my EBC Greenstuffs besides the grinding noise coming from the EBC slotted rotors, hardly any dust except if I go for a weeknd spirited drive. I know a few people have RB74's with DBA's as well, be interested in what they have to say.

Cheers

Chris
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Hi Chris

I have done a few emergency brake maneourves the other night that got rid of the squeal - until the next day! Haven't tried again as we have been having some Tassie kinda weather :wink: Will work on it and see what I can do to fix it. Oh - price was less than $120 from memory, too lazy to fetch receipt.

Catch ya
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Pay the extra and go the RB74`s.
With DBA rotors, it it the only way to go ( or stop ).
No squeel.
Jeff
GarryD
Grease Monkey

Post by GarryD »

I got my pads from Auto 1 of the shelve No problems with them in 7 or 8 months I did bitch about the price ( $86 ) so got a discount $70
They are nothing special
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Yeah the noise doesn't concern me anymore as the car will not be with me much longer anyway.
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

I've got Bendix Ultimates all round on mine. The noise from the front is hiddeous to say the least. Not all the time buit when they do they squeal and grind. i've been told they can glaze the discs and machining them will fix the noise.