where can i get a silencer for my muffler?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

where can i get a silencer for my muffler?

Post by GPXXX »

i currently have a 5Zigen Fireball cat-back system and for those who don't have one - they're bloddy loud (well, too loud for my liking anyway).

can i get a silencer for it somewhere in melbourne?? i mean i like the sound (very much like a 600cc bike actually :lol: ), but it's just a little too loud for me, even on highway cruising...

...and no, i'm not gonna replace it with a std factory job! :P

if anyone could help that would be much appreciated!
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

you can usually get what they call a plug fitted into it and that will quite it down, you should be able to get one from one of the performance shops or from a exhaust place that deals with performance exhausts. I will ask tomorrow when i am working on my car but i know they have to fit one to a 180 sx that they are complying at the moment.
FT-TRO

5zigen too damn loud!

Post by FT-TRO »

:lol:

Ive got a 5zigen cannonball on me car as well and it was too damn loud!

You've got two choices mate, either put in another muffler in the rear or a resonator...

I put in a resonator which cost me 90 bucks. In quieted it down by a fair bit, it got rid of the annoying high pitched noise the 5 zigen was blowin out.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

will an extra resonator hinder performance?
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

No, I don't think they do, they do provide some resistance to the airflow but if you've got a hot dog resonator, they are virtually straight through with a baffle.

The difference will be negligable performance wise, but they make a big difference noise wise =)