Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mrx
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

SA - Adelaide Lunch Catch Up / Cruise 27th Feb

Post by mrx »

Hi Guys,

In an effort to get some things happening, we are having a general get together on Sunday the 27th Feb. This will be at around 12.00pm (lunch time), and we may well go for a cruise afterwards - after all, the cars will be there!

The loccation will be the Directors Hotel, Gouger St, in the City (across the road from Aust Post). Parking is available in the Bridgestone's Car Park next to the Directors.

We just want to meet up, have some lunch and chat about any ideas that people have of what they want to do in the coming year. We have a few ideas to throw around (see seperate post), but it depends on support and interest shown as to what gets done. This is all our club so come along and get involved!
Packers4
Apprentice

Post by Packers4 »

I'm there!!! i'll be seedy from the night before but i'll be there he he! :D
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Hence the lunch time start.... :wink:
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

I wouldn't mind coming but i'll be working at Mt Gambier/Naracoorte leaving that sunday.

Anyways have a good one
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

No worries Darith,

Are there any suggestions for cruises, cruises days/dates, other activities that you'd like us to raise next Sunday? If you like you can email or PM them to Shaun or myself.

Hope to see you at the next cruise.

Cheers,
Luca
Packers4
Apprentice

Cruise's Hell Yeah!!

Post by Packers4 »

Hey what about a cruise to Victor Harbour easter long weekend? with a SA club photo session in victor. 8)
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

Victor is a great idea, we can discuss it on Sunday.

I have sent a bunch of the recently active SA members an email trying to drum up some more enthusiasm. With a bit of luck some will see it before Sunday.
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

Hi all, here is a Summary of the meet and cruise...

Well despite the less than overwhelming turn out, it was an awesome day. Adelaide has some fanstactic roads, and it's a great feeling driving in a convoy. So make sure you come along next time ;)

We started at the directors hotel, outside under the unbrellas. While the pub itself was a little daggy, it had some great counter meal style food.

From here we winged the entire cruise. We started heading up to Belair, through Coromandel Valley, and out to a town called Meadows. We then turned west, passing through Kuipto forest and on to McLaren Vale. It was a great mix of winding roads and sraight cruise sections. We even did a ladies run where our partners got to drive. It was fun for all.

After a brief stop at a couple of winerys, it was on to Moana beach. There we parked the cars beside the water, and dunked our toes to escape the heat.

Finally we headed back to Adelaide via the Southern Expressway, and finished with an evening of cheese, antipasto, wine and beer. A fantastic day in all.

Soooooo.... Make sure you sign up for the next one, cos it should be just as good.

Cheers,
Luca
sonic
Apprentice

Post by sonic »

Heya!!

Sorry to stray OT but GSR/EVO is having a cruise on good friday...you will be more than welcome to come along to that if you want!!!

Jaime