FOG LIGHTS NOT WORKING??

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO2sxy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FOG LIGHTS NOT WORKING??

Post by FTO2sxy »

JUST A QUESTION TO EVERYONE, IVE GOT A GPX 95 MODEL, WHEN I PUSH THE FOG LIGHT BUTTON UNDER THE SPEEDO, ONLY THE LITTLE PARK LIGHTS COME ON IN THE FOG LIGHTS, BUT I OPENED THE FOG LIGHTS UP AND FOUND OTHER LIGHTS IN THE COMPARTMENT NEXT TO THEM, THEY LOOK LIKE H3 GLOBES, BUT THEY WONT TURN ON, HOW DO U GET THEM TO WORK ?? OR SHOULD THEY WOKR WITH THE PARK LIGHT WHEN U TURN THE FOG LIGHS ON???
elmo
Grease Monkey

Lights

Post by elmo »

OK SO CAPS LOCK IS THE ONE ABOVE THE SHIFT KEY AND BELOW THE TAB KEY...
Nah seriously though, the park lights should come on when the headlights go on and they should get brighter when you press the switch. Simple as that.
The fog light work without the headlights on (this may be confusing you) and it is not affected by high and low beam.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

yep elmo is right.....

fog lights should be yellow, if not, then just test it out by turning your headlights on. Your parkers will be on, so keep pressing the foglight button, and see if it is going on and off.....

if not, maybe the light bulb is dead/
ozasia

Post by ozasia »

i have the same problem... the other possibility would be similar to me...

i have a seal problem where my light case fogs up and may have caused some wiring porblem or somesort... so it may have fused some part..

what an irony.... my fog light has fogged! hahaha and now it dont work! haha

im getting it fixed and hopefully it will fix the problem.
FTO2sxy
Apprentice

Post by FTO2sxy »

when i press the fog light button when the headlights are off only the park light comes on in the lower lights, there is a globe next to the park lights there the ones i want to come on but they dont, and i dont knwo why, what colour should they be, cant they be clear??
elmo
Grease Monkey

Lights

Post by elmo »

They are basically driving lights unless you use yellow globes and lenses, then they become fog lights, which you prob only need twice year pending on wjhere you live.
I put those brilliant blue globes in mine and work really good as spotties, but can only use em when really deserted.
Maybe someone put the globes back the wrong way around or something?
or the plugs are mixed up at the back??
Can you get the other set to come on at all?
So the park lights come on when you press the fog light switch??
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

Elmo,
did you put those Phillips blue vision globes into your foglights to use as "driving lights" ? Sounds good if I'm reading that right. Do you know which coded globes they are, might try it myself.
cheers
elmo
Grease Monkey

globes

Post by elmo »

If i remember right they are the same type of globe that is on the highbeam??? or is it the low beam???
Got an empty packet here, think its the right one,
NARVA arctic blue.
P/No. 48613BL
HB4 12V 51W P22d
Sorry, cant tell you anymore without pulling em apart. Will be doing that next week anyway, so if you can standby.....