General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chiangstar
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

dyno day

Post by Chiangstar »

hey all
my mechanic is having a dyno day on July 12 starting at 8am.
it costs $35 ... its only a 2 wheel dynamometre so no wrxy's etc....
everyones welcome to come

the address is:

Unit 11/ 12 -14 Norman St Peakhurst 2210
andy
Apprentice

Post by andy »

would love to - but I'll be overseas.

I'd encourage everyone to go though, it's the best way to get a health check on your car - even if it's in standard trim.

Do you know how much it costs normally?
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

im defintely up for it.

looks like 12th of July is our next Sydney gathering boys and girls :mrgreen:
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

lol good old peakhurst. its not much point for me as its stock and all. would i be able to get up on it if its lowered and vs front bar?
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

yeah you should be fine....the ramps up onto the dyno are quite long and hence quite a small angle.....they have quite a few customers with low low cars so i think they thought of that heheh

best way to get there is forest road then boundary road then straight onto norman street

the place is called ricol automotive

contact Rick or Col on 95332729
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

dyno sheet

Post by G_A_V »

What do you rekon, FTO Gr, non mivec, I cant find any mods, even stock exaust and filter, I even pulled apart my dash looking for a chip. I beat the other gpxs there too, i think one of the guys wiht extractors got 103.
Anyways lots of potential for later on :P
It was a great day and there was a large variety of cars there, i think I had the quickest fwd, well quickest of the ones I saw, one suprise was a vx v8 commadore pull 257kw at the wheels I think he won the shoot out
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

yeah the guy with the extractors was me....i got 103.4kw at about 7800 before i hit my speed limiter....

did you hit your speed limiter?? if you didnt then something has definitely been done to you ECU...

but thats a great effort Gav...108.3 kw atw on a GR ...good stuff congrats....

simon
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

wait a sec...you didnt even reach your speed limiter in 4th gear....do you think perhaps your gear ratios have been played around with? both jiwan and i hit the limiter...hmmmm

simon
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

I've heard before that it is a good idea to dyno the car in 3rd gear so that you don't hit the speed limiter.

Also on my GR with stock wheels (16 inch) I have passed 180 on the speedo without being the speed lmiter kicking in. I didn't take it past 180 though. I've heard other people say that it kicks in about 185Km/h ?

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

Hi, my boyfriend has taken my car over 180km when he was dragging his friend on the highway. His friend said he was going at over 200, and we were right with him. Because when he reached 180, he just kept going and the revs just keeps increasing.. This was in a GR stock standard.
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

MattG wrote:I've heard before that it is a good idea to dyno the car in 3rd gear so that you don't hit the speed limiter.

Also on my GR with stock wheels (16 inch) I have passed 180 on the speedo without being the speed lmiter kicking in. I didn't take it past 180 though. I've heard other people say that it kicks in about 185Km/h ?

M@
they were dyno-ing everyone in 4th...and they said that if we did it in 3rd we'd ger a false or inaccuarate measurement...

but yeah im quite sure the limiter cuts in at about 185-190km/h...whenever ive pushed it that high its always just gone past 180 to about where 190km/h would be and just stayed there
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

YYgirl wrote:Hi, my boyfriend has taken my car over 180km when he was dragging his friend on the highway. His friend said he was going at over 200, and we were right with him. Because when he reached 180, he just kept going and the revs just keeps increasing.. This was in a GR stock standard.
really? hmmm thats interesting...but im not entirey sure we can say for certain that any FTO or other imported car is completely stock as we really have no idea what a previous owner did to it in japan....or maybe there are just some monster fto's out there like yours and gav's heheh :P
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

haha. but it doesn't seem like anything has done to it?? but i dont think it's that fast from 0 to 100 though..?? hehe
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

no i did hit hte speed limiter, but the grs dip down justbefore it, i think it was 7k where i couldnt go any futhercause of the 180kmh speed limiter, oh and also 180 is the speed limiter, just most speedos are out a bit at suchfast speeds
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

oh, maybe the speedo was wrong, but i remember it was about 5000k at 180km/h. maybe it's not so accurate. damn, hehe
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

I was the slowest FTO there =(
I also hit the limiter so it's probably slightly lower than it's max

I got around 98kw, which is healthy anyway considering minor mods

Simon's has the extractors and FPR
Gav's GR is just a freak car, has anyone with a GPX gotten more than 108kw?? (I know results do vary between different dynamometers)

I was hoping more FTOs would turn up so we could get a better comparison between cars with similar mods.

FOULZ you chicken!
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

yeah i think a stock fto produces about 90kw atw doesnt it?

if there isnt any visible mods i think gav's 'monster' has its internals worked ...look at the dyno curve...its so smooth and even....

Or it could just be a freak :o

wouldve been good to get some more fto's there....ill let you know if theres gonna be another dyno day...apparently it was a very successful day...