Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Exhaust specifications..

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Vectose wrote:And this is what a straight pipe sounds like :lol:

[
Dude thats unreal! LOVE IT! That's the exact note i'm after the only problem with a straight pipe is that the cops will be all over me and probably defect me! They're tightasses down here in Melbourne! :thumbdown:
Herron wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzl9QnVb3H4

not mine, another club members. same brand of muffler, its a catback i think, instead of axle back. probably the same muffler as mine though.
Thanks heaps dude sounds pretty awesome so thats the catback with hurricane muffler? I might look into that! So that's the 2.5 inch?
SchumieFan wrote:FAPTASTIC!
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

Yeah, the video I linked is a cat back. I only got An axle back so it was 280 compared to 480. Having a 2.5 inch axle back with the stock resonators and cat gives it a deep sound at low rpm and then a bit more of a roar above 4000k. It's not too loud at all, and they did have a muffler which was a step down from mine ( more of a oem size). Like I said Liverpool exhaust is who fitted mine and are also the manufactures of hurricane products. I have a video of my stock exhaust still, I may do a comparison video next weekend if you still haven't decided.
FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Herron wrote:Yeah, the video I linked is a cat back. I only got An axle back so it was 280 compared to 480. Having a 2.5 inch axle back with the stock resonators and cat gives it a deep sound at low rpm and then a bit more of a roar above 4000k. It's not too loud at all, and they did have a muffler which was a step down from mine ( more of a oem size). Like I said Liverpool exhaust is who fitted mine and are also the manufactures of hurricane products. I have a video of my stock exhaust still, I may do a comparison video next weekend if you still haven't decided.

Thanks dude that'd be really helpful if you could do the video comparison it'd make my decision easier :) So for the cat back system its 480? Where abouts is liverpool exhaust? I live in Melbourne so they'd probably have to send it down to me?
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

FTOcrazy273 wrote:
Thanks dude that'd be really helpful if you could do the video comparison it'd make my decision easier :) So for the cat back system its 480? Where abouts is liverpool exhaust? I live in Melbourne so they'd probably have to send it down to me?
.. Melbourne you say. Jesus that's a long drive haha. Funnily enough, Liverpool exhaust is in Liverpool (South west sydney). They make up the system for you on the day so its not really possible to get one shipped. Castle hill is about 30 mins away from Liverpool so that is also rather impractical, unless your feeling an 8 hour drive. Your best bet would be to find a decent local exhaust shop and get a quote, if they're anything like the guys at Liverpool they'll let you try a few exhausts out to get an idea of how loud you want it.
FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Herron wrote:
FTOcrazy273 wrote:
.. Melbourne you say. Jesus that's a long drive haha. Funnily enough, Liverpool exhaust is in Liverpool (South west sydney). They make up the system for you on the day so its not really possible to get one shipped. Castle hill is about 30 mins away from Liverpool so that is also rather impractical, unless your feeling an 8 hour drive. Your best bet would be to find a decent local exhaust shop and get a quote, if they're anything like the guys at Liverpool they'll let you try a few exhausts out to get an idea of how loud you want it.
Yeah man, down here with the terrible weather haha! :lol: I had a feeling it'd be in Sydney that's a bit of a hot spot for FTO's (bought mine from Newcastle) That sucks then i'll have to try and find somewhere local that'll be able to do it for me then, but still upload that video once you get it done because i'm keen to hear what it sounds like! Cheers for your help Herron!
FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzDIi4jcnqg

is that what you were talking about? if so i had to wipe tears from my eyes as I watching it because it sounded SO beautiful! :oops: :lawso:
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

FTOcrazy273 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzDIi4jcnqg

is that what you were talking about? if so i had to wipe tears from my eyes as I watching it because it sounded SO beautiful! :oops: :lawso:
Naa, it's got a varex muffler with what I'm assuming is a full high flow exhaust system all the way back to the hurricane extractors. I'd say that it probably has no resonators due to the muffler being a varex and it's ability to alter it's sound output, which is why it sounds hektik. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Personally, I think this is the best sounding fto IMO http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHaaiPsqgA
FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Herron wrote:
FTOcrazy273 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzDIi4jcnqg

Naa, it's got a varex muffler with what I'm assuming is a full high flow exhaust system all the way back to the hurricane extractors. I'd say that it probably has no resonators due to the muffler being a varex and it's ability to alter it's sound output, which is why it sounds hektik. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Personally, I think this is the best sounding fto IMO http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHaaiPsqgA

Yeah it is a nice sounding system!
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

FTOcrazy273 wrote:
Yeah man, down here with the terrible weather haha! :lol: I had a feeling it'd be in Sydney that's a bit of a hot spot for FTO's (bought mine from Newcastle) That sucks then i'll have to try and find somewhere local that'll be able to do it for me then, but still upload that video once you get it done because i'm keen to hear what it sounds like! Cheers for your help Herron!
Heres the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buVulUd67j4
FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Herron wrote:
FTOcrazy273 wrote:
Heres the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buVulUd67j4
Far out dude sounds way better! :P my computer was shaking
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

FTOcrazy273 wrote:
I know. well worth the $280 imo.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

You'd love the sound of mine lol
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

Sahin wrote:You'd love the sound of mine lol
Got any vids?
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

I just finished making my own about 15 mins ago haha
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

FTOwnage wrote:I just finished making my own about 15 mins ago haha
link?
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

When I can get access to a good camera I'll make a video :-)
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Herron wrote:
FTOcrazy273 wrote:
I know. well worth the $280 imo.
Yeah for sure it's great so what're the specs? 2.5 inch catback hurricane system? do you still have stock extractors?
Sahin wrote:You'd love the sound of mine lol
Upload a video
FTOwnage wrote:I just finished making my own about 15 mins ago haha
Hahaha nice upload a video
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

2.5 inch mandrel bent , mild steel axle back. Didn't have enough for a cat back :(. Next will be all the piping as well as a high flow cat.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... _processed

sh*tty video but yeah lol that was revved to 4k
Herron
Grease Monkey

Post by Herron »

Sahin wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... _processed

sh*tty video but yeah lol that was revved to 4k