h4zey
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Is this a good FTO

Post by h4zey »

Hi all,

I need your advice on this car
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... =9&sdmvc=1
I have no experience whatsoever in fto and this is going to my 1st fto if i buy it.
is that a good value for the price?

Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: Is this a good FTO

Post by Daniel2019 »

$7,500 for a pre-facelift non mivec is a very high pricetag. Although it does look in good condition..

Not worth it. For that price can get a real good facelift mivec with some goodies.

Too expensive.. for $5,000 maybe
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

h4zey wrote: is that a good value for the price?
Noo
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Waaaaay too pricey. There are better ones for less.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Welcome to the club.

If I were you, I would have bought this one:
    http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28414

That orange is a complete Vinyl wrap over a Maroon
    h4zey
    Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

dstocks wrote:Waaaaay too pricey. There are better ones for less.
    destinationtoby wrote:
    h4zey wrote: is that a good value for the price?
    Noo
    Daniel2019 wrote:$7,500 for a pre-facelift non mivec is a very high pricetag. Although it does look in good condition..

Not worth it. For that price can get a real good facelift mivec with some goodies.

Too expensive.. for $5,000 maybe
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    shadowarrior wrote:Welcome to the club.

If I were you, I would have bought this one:
    http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28414

That orange is a complete Vinyl wrap over a Maroon
    Yeah I had a look at that one, but my partner worries about the km, thanks though

I guess I will keep looking.
    bjk
    Totes

Post by bjk »

Is a little pricey, but looks mint too. Would be fun to buy and boost if you could haggle it down.
    POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
    Image Image Image Image
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yeah I had a look at that one, but my partner worries about the km, thanks though

This may not make a difference, but have a spare engine with 105K on it in the shed as a backup. This cost me $700 and was sold to me with 105K on it. This would add $700 to the priceof the car, but If the worst happens, just change the engine. Shouldnt cost you more than 2K to change it. That puts total at 7K,comparable to the maroon one.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Have a look at my thread ... I sold my facelift, with a loooooooot of goodies for that price. So although it has a nice interior, you can get that from Pro Seat on ebay for $600 ...

So way over priced

1) for a pre-facelift
      2) for non Mivec
      I just had to add it ......
      sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
      :utbnb:
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Nothing wrong with high KMs if they're highway or if everything has been well taken care of.
      I fix cars.
      Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
      bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Daniel2019 wrote:Nothing wrong with high KMs if they're highway or if everything has been well taken care of.
      Exactly... And these cars are getting old. So should have high k's. otherwise, they have been wound back. Only a few have had really low K's..
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      shadowarrior
      Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Or they have been sitting in the garage with some serious problems....trying to get it fixed and put on road for a sale.
      h4zey
      Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

oh i forgot to mentioned it before but I wasn't thinking to get it for 7.5k since I'm on pretty tight budget. I somehow manage to haggle it down to 6k which is my limit. Does that change anything?
      dstocks wrote:

This may not make a difference, but have a spare engine with 105K on it in the shed as a backup. This cost me $700 and was sold to me with 105K on it. This would add $700 to the priceof the car, but If the worst happens, just change the engine. Shouldnt cost you more than 2K to change it. That puts total at 7K,comparable to the maroon one.
      hmmm that makes me thinking, do you by any change have the picture of the interior?
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

There are plenty out there for that price. You could always come to the bonfire in early April to to see all the cars and see what some good examples look like so you know what to look for.
      oh i forgot to mentioned it before but I wasn't thinking to get it for 7.5k since I'm on pretty tight budget. I somehow manage to haggle it down to 6k which is my limit. Does that change anything?
      If you mean my orange one, with the spare engine, you are looking at $4500 with stock rims or $5000 with the starcorps in the picture.

If thats not what you meant and you are talking about other FTO's, im happy to look at anything you find and tell you if you are getting a reasonable deal.
        shadowarrior
        Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

That Carsales ad, a 95 GR is no way worth 6k.
        You want a GPX, a manual GPX, trust me on that.
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, a GPX is definitely preferable. Tip or Manual, depending on your preference. Manuals are quite a bit rarer than tips.
          h4zey
          Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

dstocks wrote:There are plenty out there for that price. You could always come to the bonfire in early April to to see all the cars and see what some good examples look like so you know what to look for.
          If you mean my orange one, with the spare engine, you are looking at $4500 with stock rims or $5000 with the starcorps in the picture.

If thats not what you meant and you are talking about other FTO's, im happy to look at anything you find and tell you if you are getting a reasonable deal.
          oh sorry, i was talking about the carsales' ad, i manage to haggle it down to 6k. By the way is it 5k with the starcorps and spare engine? Do you perhaps have the picture of the interior?
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, 5K for the starcorps and the spare engine. Ill get some current pics over the next couple of days, including interior.
            rock_it
            Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

h4zey wrote:
            dstocks wrote:There are plenty out there for that price. You could always come to the bonfire in early April to to see all the cars and see what some good examples look like so you know what to look for.

oh sorry, i was talking about the carsales' ad, i manage to haggle it down to 6k. By the way is it 5k with the starcorps and spare engine? Do you perhaps have the picture of the interior?
            I think that is a much better option for you ... Can't go wrong with a Dwayne car, especially one that was actually purchased for him to use as a daily ...
            dstocks
            National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

OK, updated pics: