EOI : Custom Conrods & Pistons

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Gt_Galant
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Gt_Galant »

Hey all,

Okay originally i was going to do a massive conversion and strength'n my engine but probably not going to so im still deciding if i should sell or not, but if i get a decent price might sell.

Have :

Pauter Custom Conrods
These cost me $1900 delivered to me, im pretty sure i still have the reciept showing the total amount paid, really was $1500 but custom australia put $400 on taxes and other sh*t, and still was a delay to get them.
These were going on a 6a12 galant engine, but the rods off the galant and fto are the same spec.

And have Ross Racing Pistion
Again these were for a galant so is 8.5:1 and not the fto, but if your thinking of turbo'n maybe this compression is right for you ?
Also these were custom made to 79mm and not the 78.4mm (made them to still fit in the standard head gasket.
These cost me $1300-$1400 delivered (gotta check find reciept but roughly that)

Anyone interested in any ?

If so pm me and please if you really are interested and offer something stupid like $500 for the rods then pointless messaging me, i dont mean it in a bad way just dont wanna waste mine and your time.

;)

Pictures of the them will be posted up once i get time - thanks .
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: EOI : Custom Conrods & Pistons

Post by silverGPX »

Would these fit in a MIVEC?
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

silverGPX wrote:Would these fit in a MIVEC?
+1
gotta get there one day :)
Gt_Galant
Apprentice

Post by Gt_Galant »

Yeap will fit, someone confirmed to me last time that the mivec and non-mivec conrods are the same and measurements and spec are the same, and pistons are the same too but different compression thats all.

You just gotta get your bottom end bored to 79mm and these pistons will fit.

If your thinking of turbo'n it then this compression is probably good, but might have to do a little homework to see if anyone used different compression, but the rods will be fine as is and these rods will fit onto the standard pistons too.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Looks like everything is just falling into place matt

Get your fto back on wednesday, buy 007's turbo kit, then these rods n pistons
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

They are the same rods i have in mine...have to machine the the windage tray out to fit in :lol: I am also running 8.5:1 comp with 90mm pistons there is a bit of work involved in machining the block but you wouldnt put standard size pistons back in 8) i payed $3500 for my pistons and rods 8O so looks like thins is a win win :lol: