Proud Owner of an Fto!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Ftowner
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Proud Owner of an Fto!

Post by Ftowner »

Hey guys name is Scott, Im 19 and I was looking around to buy an average car but when i saw this FTO Gr at the front of the dealer i just had to have it! Later on i realised that the GPX that comes with the Mivec would of been a lot better but im still happy! Its a 96 and had only done 82,000 kms and i got it for $6000! Had it for 3 weeks and it is so fun to drive, its cool to say my first car was a sports car!!!

Oh and I live in Sydney =)
Kustom
Oldtimer

Re: Proud Owner of an Fto!

Post by Kustom »

Welcome. Throw up some pics.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

Ive only taken 1 picture to show my friends. Was taken with an iphone as well so its nothing special.
Attachments
Here it is!
Here it is!
my fto.jpg (85.12 KiB) Viewed 668 times
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

There's nothing like owning a new FTO :D Congrats and welcome to the club!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

WTTC Scott.
I would not worry about getting a GR as if you still have it after your P's are done you can turbo it, so in a way it's a win for you :D.
Yes it's got a little les power than the GPX but for your first car you don't need a lot.

All there is for you to do now is check out around the forum and get to know it. In the way of parts we have a member called Dstocks he will become your best friend ( like he is to all of us hear) new or second hand parts is his thing. Also Bennoz he is the brains around this place, there is nothing that can't be fixed by him (just comes down to the number of boxes of beer it takes :twisted: .
Well they are two names to have handy, the rest of us you will get to know around the traps as we all have things we can help with.

Last thing be good and be safe in your new car :D .
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

aza013 wrote: (just comes down to the number of boxes of bear it takes :twisted:
He prefers Panda bear or a good drop bear, if you can find one. :lol: ROR :lol:
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

AJ wrote:
aza013 wrote: (just comes down to the number of boxes of bear it takes :twisted:

LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTTC Mate. It is a pretty fun club, I think it goes with owning an FTO. We are all a little crazy
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

Thanks Guys! Yeah ive seen some things on turbo'd ftos, they must go like a rocket! I dont know a lot about cars, but i do want to do a few modifications to it just to give it a little more edge but still look like an Fto. Its all stock if your wondering but yeah even so its already a head turner and my mates were amazed to see it probably because they expected me to rock up with a corolla haha.

So if you could name a few cheap options that add a bit to the car that would be nice. I wouldn't want anything illegal obviously and nothing like those veilside guys or that Fto Kaze Aerocraft bodykit on youtube. Im willing to do something to the exhaust, rims, headlights, side skirts and perhaps change the spoiler but i do like the stock one. Im also gonna put some sounds in it, so any advice would be nice thanks guys.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Damn, that's a nice buy for $6000. Extremely surprised you picked it up from a dealership at that price, bargain!
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

AJ wrote:
:facepalm: fixed :lol:
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

sublime19 wrote:Damn, that's a nice buy for $6000. Extremely surprised you picked it up from a dealership at that price, bargain!
Yeah my dad has bought a few cars off him before so they are good mates and it was reduced from 7500. The dealer did say i could resell it and try to make another 1 or 2 thousand out of it, but who would give away such a nice car!
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

If u want a bodykit have a look at the Groupbuys section and the thread is called Post facelift factory T's and it looks very nice. I've got em fixed on mine but its still at the panel beaters to be fixed on. And maybe u might wanna change your rims first for a start?? Lolz
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

Ok ill have a look there, thanks heaps! Yeah i know the rims are horrible haha any suggestions what rims go nicely with a black fto?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Not the rim question again - Asking somebody else which rims will go with your car is like asking somebody what your favourite colour should be. Just browse sites and find something you like.

And don't feel pressured to change something just because somebody else suggested it. It's your car, not somebody elses, tell them to stick it ;)
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Ftowner
Apprentice

Post by Ftowner »

sublime19 wrote:Not the rim question again - Asking somebody else which rims will go with your car is like asking somebody what your favourite colour should be. Just browse sites and find something you like.

And don't feel pressured to change something just because somebody else suggested it. It's your car, not somebody elses, tell them to stick it ;)
Yea i agree with that but certain rims look better on certain cars / colours. But ill have a look around and see what i like! Thanks man
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

Nice Buy! WTTC! stock wheels aren't that bad until you find some others you like.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:Nice Buy! WTTC! stock wheels aren't that bad until you find some others you like.
+1 ^
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

WTTC :thumright:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Ftowner wrote:
sublime19 wrote:Not the rim question again - Asking somebody else which rims will go with your car is like asking somebody what your favourite colour should be. Just browse sites and find something you like.

Yea i agree with that but certain rims look better on certain cars / colours. But ill have a look around and see what i like! Thanks man
Further to my comment, take a look here:

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/wheel_wizard.asp
EscapingFate
Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

WTTC, As mentioned bennoz is a name to know... also if you come to a meet up.. dont let him get behind you... it could be scary.. for you.

But in all seriousness welcome to the club FTO's are a magnificent car and you will love driving it. You should come to the meet/cruise/photo day we are organizing for the 7th or 8th of Jan, going down to i believe Kiama for a cruise as i get my license back haha.

Feel free to come along all the details will be posted up in the NSW section of the forums under the EOI meet thread