Wakefield Park 'Tune' Day - Monday, April 11

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

storm hawk
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Wakefield Park 'Tune' Day - Monday, April 11

Post by storm hawk »

Hi Shane I dont know what rain Wakefield had, but it was raining when I past it on Sunday morning and it has piss down over 30mm here(Tamworth) over night. If you go again I'm ok on Thursday or Friday this week.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Yeah well I'm up now so I'm going ;)

Fingers crossed! God I hate getting up at 4am though :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:lol: ^^^^^
at 0400 I'm having my first break at work :lol:
Good luck today :D
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Bit of a mixed day today, wasn't a complete disaster (ie I didn't blow up the engine :lol: ), but wasn't a resounding success either. But we're making progress, albeit maybe a bit late now for Bathurst.

First session was bedding new brake pads for Bathurst and also realised the front wheel alignment was out since we removed the gearbox, so missed a session re adjusting the front toe settings.

Then had another bug to iron out with the emanage, for some reason it was rev cutting the engine at 6200rpm :evil: I think this is related to the timing bug I had previously. So I then had to figure out how to disable rev cut.

So now I finally get out to log a session, early afternoon now, and the logs show I'm pushing 80% duty cycle on the injectors at 8000rpm! So no way I can add fuel, so no tune today. I had my 390cc injectors with me (thanks Ben) but just not enough time to installed them and get back out to test with them again.

So that was pretty much it for the day, no tuning, but assuming I have no problems running the bigger injectors with the emanage we should be right to go for a tune on the dyno. Just gotta find the time to install them now :( And find a tuner with half a brain :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Found a good one not far from you, just down in Thornleigh, did my last tune up ;)

http://www.todaracing.com.au/toda/gp/

Guys name is Adrian, call the moblie number, other numbers are out of date since he relocated. sh*tty little workshop but he knows his stuff.