Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

pearl_blu_fto
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: tappet noise

Post by pearl_blu_fto »

bduffman wrote:
pearl_blu_fto wrote:It wasn't my post, this other post to do with wheels has nothing to do with a tappet/lifter noise from the engine! Unless it does... 8O Narrr!

I know this! I'll swap my wheels the next time hear them valve clearances from the cabin of the FTO.

It has every thing to do with it cause the tapping turned out not to be the engine but some thing to do with his wheels so the issue with tappets dosent come into it
There's a difference between tappet noise and tapping that he had

Im guessing by the front bar the person using the aditive has a gr so most likely a aditive won't work on the gpx or version r

GEEZUS! Yeah good for the find well done(i haven't heard this noise 1st hand, i wouldn't know the difference with noises...at all! I'm stupid with things like that), as for the additive i don't swear by them, i just want to hear about this success, that has apparently happened... ??? Curious to know about details, since these products claim so much.

Lucas oil stabiliser is a good buy on the other hand ;)
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

nooooooooo i got the tapping sound
deeeeevz :(
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Additives are bad m'kay

Only covering up an underlying issue can in many cases make it worse in the long run.

Got fucked tappets, fix them.
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

do i just go to the mechanics and say i need to adjust my tappets? :?

i have a gpx mivec, by reading the thread, does it mean i have to get them adjusted?? asked my friend and he said its a big job.
how much am i looking at?? sorry for the questions, jst need to get it fixed before the problem gets worse.
MH999
Mechanic

Post by MH999 »

Cost about 3-$400 and it isnt a huge job at all.Remember on a gpx you have
12 adjustable tappets and 12 hydrolic tappets so if there is still some noise you have to replace the 12 hydrolic tappets.