New Brisbane FTO owner...

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

gotboost?
Approved FTO Australia Trader
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New Brisbane FTO owner...

Post by gotboost? »

Hi all,

Just got my FTO last week and I have to say I'm pretty impressed!

Despite the couple of little niggles that it has here and there (ie: cracking console/peeling headlights/etc), I'm really impressed!

I was never a fan of FTOs at all, but this thing has only taken a couple of days to really grow on me!

Here's a couple of pics that I took when doing the headlights on Saturday...

More to come...
KTB_22
Apprentice

Re: New Brisbane FTO owner...

Post by KTB_22 »

Do you have an aerial? and the red plastic piece that goes between the rear lights?? Casue if so I saw you parked outside the wooloongabba coles a few nights back..
KTB_22
Apprentice

Post by KTB_22 »

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Kate if you are going to paste pictures of other peoples please remove the license plate numbers
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Kate, you should re-introduce yourself. I only recognize you from your avatar. ;)
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

WTTC :)

Enjoy your stay
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

WTTC BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Where abouts from Brissy are you from?
Taz wrote:When funds allow
topgun

Post by topgun »

Hello :)
"FTO stainless steel goodies!!!"
gotboost?

Post by gotboost? »

Thanks guys. No Kate, that wasn't me. lol
Last edited by gotboost? on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

As for the number plate thing

I've seen others won't name names but one of the main people on here post up pics with regos showing and no one said any thing and its public info so don't see what the issue is
Mine are ft05ex now u know but so dose every one else that I drive past or walks past my house

On other note dstocks can import the centre bits I got both parts well worth it
gotboost?

Post by gotboost? »

Don't see why it matters if I blank out my plates... :?

Two reasons why both myself and others do this:

- If you've gone onto a forum and shown everyone what you've bought for your interior/engine and you have your number plate, the wrong people may then be aware of the exact car that it's all been installed into. On the other hand, if you've said something on a forum that someone doesn't like for whatever reason and you've said it to the wrong person, well... you know how it goes. I'd rather play it safe and remain anonymous, much like most people do on forums.

- It's widely known that police will quite often jump on forums for their own information and having a number plate showing can cause all kinds of problems, such as them knowing what modifications you have.

I suppose the main point here is that it's really the user's choice if they show their plates or not.

'nuff said. ;)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

This ^

Plus try finding a tow truck driver that doesn't know how to look up your address just from the rego plates... its like finding an Australian cabbie. Impossible.
gotboost?

Post by gotboost? »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You've gone black :cheers:
gotboost?

Post by gotboost? »

Yeww!! :D

Pink just really isn't my colour, except when choosing underwear :lol:
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

yea they look it up using eagle i used to be able to do it to working for sdro but its also watched every serch you do is loged and every one has a log on so it wouldnt be hard to track back at who has looked up the rego police arnt that stupid

and as for the whole post rego ,so i guess when you go to meets and cruises you plan on taking your plates off ?

like ive bought stuff off ben dstocks shane mh999 so when you get a package theres the adress on it so i guess you wont be buying or selling any thing either

mayb you should all just lock your cars up so no one can see your plates and whats inside of it stop being a bunch of girls its public info thats y there displayed on the OUTSIDE of the car
gotboost?

Post by gotboost? »

Each to their own, I suppose.

I chose to not show my plates in very much the same way that I choose to make sure that I use correct punctuation so that I don't look like an illiterate idiot.
Last edited by gotboost? on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

not gona bother argueing either way spelling means nothing
your a tool look at your user name
your more likely to be robed by some one local that saw your car then any one on this site if people were going to go to the effot of getting on site im sure they would be on a more expencive car site
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

gotboost? wrote:Each to their own, I suppose.

I chose to not show my plates in very much the same way that I make sure that I use correct punctuation so that I don't look like an illiterate idiot.

bahahahahahha.

OWNED.

bduffman, its like this. Lets just say, I am suppose to be at work but I decide I would rather go to the pub. Now I am sitting at the pub, getting my buzz on and all is good. Now someone from this forum spot's my car and post a pic up of it on the forum. Now I go into work the next day and I get fired. WHY, I hear you ask!

Well unbeknown, to the person who posted the pic but another guy at work also has an fto and see's my car at the pub during work hours. Now this a hypothetical scenario, as nobody at work has an FTO but I could think of many many more situations that I would not want my car rego posted up here.

I used to have a picture of my car in my sig, but I removed as I post whilst at work. Now it would be pretty hard for me to dispute my actions with blatant proof like that. Now I know there are many other ways for work to tell if I am using the internet during work time or not but hey lets not make it completely undisputable.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

bottem line is plates mean sh*t theres 1000 other ways people can find out where you live just think of that thread introducing your self
theres your full name , number , email
my mob called 000 one day cops turned up to my house few hours later
y cause the number is in my name
if you own a house and your numbers in the phone book then your name is easy enough to track you down
they used to have reverse number say your had some ones home number but wanted to know there adress you type it in but has been removed now i think due to security reasons im guessing
email adress is easy enought o find out some ones name , normaly what school they went to there work place all depends on the amount of info they put on facebook myspace msn ect ect
then theres local people who drive past your house follow you home walk past your car while at the shop or while your at work

like i said your a tool if any one wanted to steal a car off this site im sure they would steal bens first haha