HKS FTO

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rock_it
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: HKS FTO

Post by rock_it »

I had 245 fw/kw.. Was interesting..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Awesome numbers AJ :twisted:
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

FTO_GPvR wrote:Awesome numbers AJ :twisted:
Cheers Tyson :D
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Had some quotes over the week.

Exhaust from turbo back. Mild steel with high flow s/steel cat $1500 @ Liverpool exhausts. Envy quoted $1800

Brakes - DBA slotted rotors 4000 series $400 per pair for the front and $350 for the rear (standard, not slotted) pair.

Suspension - Koni adjustable shocks $750 front pair, $450 rear pair.
Lower control arm $130
Front bump stops $90
Rear shocks $276 (can't remember what this one was but I've got it written down here :roll: )

Thoughts please? Can I get any cheaper or better else where?

And 1 more thing. I want to take the seat belt holder off the drivers chair so that I can mount my camera bracket again but the screw is really rounded and my screw driver can't get it to undo. What options do I have? Thanks.
MH999
Mechanic

Post by MH999 »

Thats expensive for the exhaust,not sure about the rotors but for the shocks why dont you get bc coilovers instead, $1100 from ebay.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

MH999 wrote:Thats expensive for the exhaust,not sure about the rotors but for the shocks why dont you get bc coilovers instead, $1100 from ebay.
Personally wouldn't recommended coilovers if its going be for road use, they get old quick.

Exhaust does look pricey for mild steel, should be closer to $1000.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Exhaust from turbo back. Mild steel with high flow s/steel cat $1500 @ Liverpool exhausts. Envy quoted $1800 Thats actually not too bad. Remember, this from the turbo back, so there will be a lot of fab work on your down pipe. You could possibly get it a little cheaper but I dont think a hell of a lot. I would ask them brand of the cat and what price they are charging you for it and see if you can source another one cheaper.

Brakes - DBA slotted rotors 4000 series $400 per pair for the front and $350 for the rear (standard, not slotted) pair. Not sure i haven't looked into these myself but it has been brought up a few times so there should be plenty of info on here

Suspension - Koni adjustable shocks $750 front pair, $450 rear pair.
Lower control arm $130
Front bump stops $90
Rear shocks $276 (can't remember what this one was but I've got it written down here :roll: )

The koni's seem expensive I thought Ben knew a place that does them cheaper

And 1 more thing. I want to take the seat belt holder off the drivers chair so that I can mount my camera bracket again but the screw is really rounded and my screw driver can't get it to undo. What options do I have? Thanks.

Well without seeing the head I would suggest trying a few different screw driver sizes and if it still wont budge just drill the head off the screw. Drill bit size needs to be around the same size as the shaft of the screw. Then you will be able to remove the rest of the screw with some pliers or vice grips, once you have removed the holder.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

LOL Aj... been a member for so long, you've forgotten how to use the search button :lol:

James @ Tubular could do all that suspension stuff cheaper than that.

Only other exhaust place I'd recommend is High Tech Mufflers @ Darlinghurst. Wont be cheap, but it'll be done right.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

What about Performance exhaust centre @ Northmead? I heard they do good jobs.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Bennoz wrote:James @ Tubular could do all that suspension stuff cheaper than that.
Only other exhaust place I'd recommend is High Tech Mufflers @ Darlinghurst. Wont be cheap, but it'll be done right.
Emailed James today. he's busy until after Christmas so he'll quote me then.

Where do people think I'd get an exhaust for around $1000?
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

FTO_GPvR wrote:What about Performance exhaust centre @ Northmead? I heard they do good jobs.
True. I had them do my whole exhaust system in 3 different days.

AJ, FIY, the prices were:

2.5" Catback - mild steel, mandrel bent, with them supplying the varex plus wiring -- $900
Magnaflow 200cell high flow cat -- $350 supplied and fitted
Hurricane headers(supplied by me) -- $350(i think)

Me and J know that Hax(the shop owner) takes pride in his work.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Cheers everyone for the advice. Now I'm lost :drunken:

I'd like to at least get the exhaust and brakes done before Coffs so I'll concentrate them for now (and seeing as tubular is closed for xmas and not opening until 17th Jan so that's after Coffs anyway)

Where do I get the DBA rotors and Ferrodo DS2500 Pads (recommended by Bennoz) from and how much should I be looking to pay? Also I need a high temp fluid to suit them. Do steel braided lines make any difference? Do I fcuk it and go the big brake conversion (HSV)? how much difference in cost?

Shouldn't I go for a 3" exhaust on mine?
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

AJ wrote:

Shouldn't I go for a 3" exhaust on mine?
Yes, my items are just for a price reference. :thumleft:
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

AJ wrote:Cheers everyone for the advice. Now I'm lost :drunken: No your right there

Do steel braided lines make any difference? No
Do I fcuk it and go the big brake conversion (HSV)? how much difference in cost?If you have very deep pockets. IMO it is totally over kill for you, Bennoz maybe but not yours.

Shouldn't I go for a 3" exhaust on mine?Absolutely and dont let anyone tell you different.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Heard that if you track it for sustained period, the fluid gets hot and the rubber lines swells thus giving you a slight different braking characteristics.
While SS braided line stays constant.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

phunkydude wrote:Heard that if you track it for sustained period, the fluid gets hot and the rubber lines swells thus giving you a slight different braking characteristics.
While SS braided line stays constant.
yup
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Got quoted over the phone for an exhaust from Carline.com.au. $1000-$1200 but they'd need to see it. Anyone heard of them? Got recommended to me by a mate.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Back in my exhaust mod days, people told me to stay away from carline.. I didnt know what was wrong with them but i stayed away anywy. Lolz. Then i went for performance exhaust centre in northmead...
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

I have a contact who can get you RDA slotted for cheap.
I have RDAs on the RVR and they're brilliant.
AND I had them on the run to the 2nd bonfire with the damn trailer in tow, through Kangaroo Valley, keeping up with the guys, no dramas! :lol:
Highly recomend.
PM me if interested, will forward you details.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Hay AJ I found a HKS dealer today :D
They have a dyno and do all the tunes as well :twisted:
They are out near marickville, I will get more info address and phone numbers for you after Christmas.