What parts from other Mitsis are interchangeable with FTOs?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

What parts from other Mitsis are interchangeable with FTOs?

Post by GPXXX »

Anybody know what parts from other Mitsubishi cars can be used on the FTO?

For rough example, will suspension parts meant for Lancer Evos fit on FTOs, or will Magna cambelts fit on MIVEC motors??
Kets

Post by Kets »

I put Galant brake pads in my fto i think pajeros r the same 2?
DarkRain
Apprentice

Post by DarkRain »

I read from their website that the ralliart magna lsd is taken from the mitsubishi fto, maybe with modifications. Magna also has the same INVECSII, mechanical wise I do not know. Lastly Magna has the same automatic climate control, at least the panel looks exactly the same.
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

Stay tuned, relevant for my little car incident, I'll be able to tell u if the suspension of the FTO is the same for any local mitsu.
BUt yeah, lotsa FTO technology was put into the local cars line such as digital climate and INVECS-II etc 2001 onwards...
I can't believe they're putting in stuff they'd had for at least 6 years in 'new' cars now. Lucky for the FTO owners though.
Meanwhile, I can't believe FTO'sa re like $30k brand new in Japan, dammit who wouldn't buy an FTO if that's how much they were brand new!?!?!
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I thought they stopped manufacturing FTOs in Japan since 2001. I'm surprised u can buy a "NEW" one. Am I wrong?
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

When I was talking about an FTO new, I meant like when they were still made, to buy them new, converting the price in Japan to AUD is around the 30k mark for a GPX, less for a GPvR (which I know cost more here) etc etc. I mean with value for money like that, if they made them new in Australia I couldn't not see them becoming extremely popular, more popular than they already are!!! Granted it would make them less unique, but I see at least a couple different ones everyday almost now anyway. But still not as common as integra etc.
As for the parts thing, I got a call from my repairer, apparently the suspension setup, except the strut arm if I remember correctly, is exactly the same dimensions etc as a CC lancer's suspension setup. That's something!!!