I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by I8A4RE »

I really only took one of the engine bay as a wide shot. Everything else is real close up like hoses and stuff. But heres a good one

CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

damn... i've been trying to get a shot of my new 3" exhaust...

meh

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sorry bud, hey thanks again mate for help much appreciated
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

no worries...

funny as f**k... sold a customer a 3 MPS today... he nearly shat his pants on the test drive... then took delivery of it today...

i finished straight after he drove out.... saw him on the highway...

gave him a run and nailed him....

he didnt look too happy with the way he spent his $45k... hahahhahaha... gold

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bahahaha, thats classic

Ps my dad is looking for a new car for mum they are thinking about a mazda, you willl look after him if i send him your way
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

sure man... no worries...

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hey man what size are you UP and DOWN pipes 2.5 or where you able to use 3.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

UPDATE: BOV

I was going to get an el cheapo one, but saw this and couldnt go past it. For those that dont know it is an electrically controlled blow off valve. so when MR Sir goes past turn it to plumback and when i want the wank value turn it to pffffffsssssst eg the rest of time. This is all controlled from inside the car :P
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

FtoSam wrote:no worries...

funny as f***... sold a customer a 3 MPS today... he nearly shat his pants on the test drive... then took delivery of it today...

sorry to hijack the thread simon but sam whats the stat of your car did yo uget it tuned?how much psi is it on now?how much is it putting out now?all problems solved?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

AMACHA wrote:
FtoSam wrote:no worries...

funny as f***... sold a customer a 3 MPS today... he nearly shat his pants on the test drive... then took delivery of it today...

sorry to hijack the thread simon but sam whats the stat of your car did yo uget it tuned?how much psi is it on now?how much is it putting out now?all problems solved?
No worries mate, hes still running low boost 5psi i think. He doesnt drive it a lot cause he has a company car but he said he just wants to run it for awile on low boost then up it later on. All the problems have been ironed out but as i said he wants to run it for a while on low boost then up it later. Im not sure what its putting out though
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

yeh, simon is right... running 4-6 psi for now... but is booked in for a tune on thursday..

cannot wait...

another thing i cannot wait for is to see simons beast finished..

nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

hey Simmon finally decided to take the challange of boosting the FTO? hehe thats cool. So i've read most of the replies and your looking for a BOV? well i would suggest something like a lancer evo 8MR factory BOV. It holds lots of boost and its made from steel aswell, so its not cheap plastic or anything like that. Its mainly legal too. Ryan from JustJDM sells heaps of evo parts and i think the MR bov is around $200 new. Still get the ppssshhhh sound but not as loud :D Good luck with it, cant wait to see it when i come to QLD again with my evo lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hey mate, yeah decided to go for it. Thanks for the info but i just brought a BOV on friday. Its a Deceptor PRO, should hopefully be good, i havent heard to much about them but the price was too good to refuse, its the one where you can switch from plumb back to atmostpheric from inside the cabin. Look forward to seeing you in QLD. But when you come you gotta take me for a spin in your EVO man.

Cheers Simon
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

WOW from wanting a $50 BOV to a $600 BOV sure is a big jump :S
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

lol, i never said i only wanted a $50 BOV, i just said i wasnt going to pay $60 for the 4yr old one. And i paid about half that for the deceptor :D . Thats why i had to get it :P
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Wow thats a nice buy!
i'm sure you will blow some 13 year old girls panties right off :P
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

bahahaha yeah i couldnt believe it when i found it. I must admit you are the one that put me onto it. I checked the GFB website and saw the deceptor and thought thats wicked. But then saw the price 8O . So i google it and found one and only one for sale so was very lucky. Cant wait to install it :P
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

When do you expect this to all be finished by?
i constantly come and check for updates on this :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

budget is looking good so far .. 8)
Do you have a list of everything else you'll need & the costs?
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

i cant wait to see the damn thing finished, after seeing Sam several times stressing lol i thought people would learnt from him haha. But we all know Sam just doesnt know what to do with his money haha. 8)