I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

eThix
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by eThix »

You sure you want a brand new BOV? i got a blitz bov 2nd hand for $100 on my car and i'm running safe boost on 7psi

And gauges, you don't really want to go cheapo or you get bad readings but if you can get the greddy gauges for $80 then i would say go for it :)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8AFRE wrote:210cc injectors
Pull 'em out of a Magna at a wreckers... cost you a quarter the price. Just get 'em pressure cleaned.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

eThix wrote:You sure you want a brand new BOV? i got a blitz bov 2nd hand for $100 on my car and i'm running safe boost on 7psi

And gauges, you don't really want to go cheapo or you get bad readings but if you can get the greddy gauges for $80 then i would say go for it :)
no i dont want cheapo ones definitly a brand name. just dont care what brand. pm me about the bov
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:
I8AFRE wrote:210cc injectors
Pull 'em out of a Magna at a wreckers... cost you a quarter the price. Just get 'em pressure cleaned.
Really, how much do you think i should pay.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dunno off the top of my head. Certainly wouldnt be $46 each... more like $10-20.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sorry im an idiot when it comes to magnas what engine do i wanna get them out from. Do i need to know a specific yr of magna or anything. Ill ring some wreckers tomorrow
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Hey you intrested in getting this BOV?
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16 ... 0/BOV2.jpg
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

eThix wrote:Hey you intrested in getting this BOV?
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16 ... 0/BOV2.jpg
Give me the model name, how much you want for it, how old is it. I checked out the sound on utube and liked it. Definitly one of the better sounding ones
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Just interested in what you're doing to your suspension / brakes / tyres / etc (You've already got coilovers right?)
Any upgrades planned?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah i have fully adjustable coilovers with semi racing spring rate, strut braces (front and rear). Tyres im running 225/35/18, might go to 245's on the back, but not sure yet. Basically my car handles F$%ken incredibly in the dry, like a go kart. In the wet not as good but not worried about that for now, its just the tires. My brake upgrade will be just to GPX brake callipers and DBA slotted and drilled rotors.

HOWEVER, for the amount of boost that i will be running i believe that you could easily get away with no brake upgrade at all as the FTO brakes are outstanding as long as you use heavy duty brake pads and the have been bleed properly. i Have taken my car on many hill runs and have NEVER had brake failure and i can assure you, i drive it hard. Also i believe you could turbo an FTO with minimal suspension upgrades. The main reason i brought my coilovers were when i fitted the king springs it just wasnt low enough for me :P. At that stage i wasnt even considering turboing
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Ok apparently its about 4 years old lol but its only $60 (he might charge postage... but i can ask to get it for free :P)
You interested or you want me to look for a newer bov. one for around $100
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

lol, yeah i really havent research the BOV things much at this stage, but i think 4 yrs is getting a bit old, probably rather spend a bit more and get a newer one. Just so you know i have a $40 dollar policy..... If its $40 or under and i need it ill buy it without batting an eyelid if its over ill be a lot more picky hahahahaha
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Just so you know i have a $40 dollar policy..... If its $40 or under ill buy it without batting
i have a similair policy with hookers......

what?

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Ben the magna injectors do i have to ask for a specific year or engine????? Sorry dont know much about magna's also would the fuel pump form a magna be a upgrade as well????
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

lol god damn $40!! you don't want the BOV to leak, and really is 4 years bad? how old is your engine now? and blitz is a good brand.
unless you want a fake blitz bov or something?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

eThix wrote:lol god damn $40!! you don't want the BOV to leak, and really is 4 years bad? how old is your engine now? and blitz is a good brand.
unless you want a fake blitz bov or something?
Sorry bro i just think $60 for a 4yr old BOV is too steep. No matter what brand. I can get brand new greddy ones for $200
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

aye, 6 months- a year might be ok .. but you're better off buying new.. & genuine
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:aye, 6 months- a year might be ok .. but you're better off buying new.. & genuine
AGREED :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

UPDATED: PICS
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Do those Greddy units come with all wiring harnesses etc?