Air con/Auto Elecs remcommendations

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO84
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Air con/Auto Elecs remcommendations

Post by FTO84 »

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Brisbane I can take my car to have it's Air Conditioning system overhauled?

Am not sure what is wrong with it, I think the compressor is shot.. And don't want to have to sell a kidney to be able to get it fixed... Any suggestions?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

you ever find anywhere to get it done?
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

Need to get the dye gas test done. Then once I have worked out where the probs are, silverGPX is gunna be my point of call I think... All will happen after my work hell ends and I have time for a social life again, perhaps by the end of May, who schedules 3 trials and 2 concerts in 2 months... seriously... :roll:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FTO84 wrote:Need to get the dye gas test done. Then once I have worked out where the probs are, silverGPX is gunna be my point of call I think... All will happen after my work hell ends and I have time for a social life again, perhaps by the end of May, who schedules 3 trials and 2 concerts in 2 months... seriously... :roll:

you work in security?

Just in case;
I had some auto electrical work done by "CARS" at Rocklea (Craig's Automotive Repairs & Servicing) & they weren't too bad on price .. came in well under what everyone else was charging

Contact Details

Craig's Automotive Repairs & Services
Rocklea - Air Conditioning-Automotive

Contact Name: umm... Craig? :P

Address: 1463 Ipswich Road (Unit 21449)
Rocklea, QLD

Phone: 07 33738331

They might have moved buildings recently though, might need to call & check address if you decide to go with em..
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

Thanks man,

Nargh I work in Law as a day job, so prepping and attending trials is time consuming. I'm also a musician, so I've got some performances and a suitably crappy rehearsal schedule.

Lets just say the Merlo near work has had a spike in revenue :P
Dan25
Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Thread derail...

Are you a qualified lawyer or still a student working part-time?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FTO84 wrote:Thanks man,

Nargh I work in Law as a day job, so prepping and attending trials is time consuming. I'm also a musician, so I've got some performances and a suitably crappy rehearsal schedule.

Lets just say the Merlo near work has had a spike in revenue :P
Thats handy to know, what type of law?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

Lol... no no no no no.. I am definately not a lawyer.

I studied law when I first left school, but, although I'm quite good at it, it's def not what I want to do for the rest of my life... So work as a high level Paralegal/clerk. In a nutshell, I can do a lawyer's work, but don't get paid neraly as much as lawyers do... :?

I am working in Professional Indemnity litigation, but finish here on the 21st. Then am taking a new role at a high level Corporate firm, in a marketing, PR and event management role. Pretty pumped about that.

I can give my opinion on some civil stuff (ie. can state factuals like the speed hump query in the gibberish corner the other day), but it's by no means a professional opinion or advice.. ***MEGA DISCLAIMER!!!!! :P

Hopefully the music work will support me one day - so come along to my crap... **Mega self-promotion** :P :D
mrmitsi88
Apprentice

Post by mrmitsi88 »

what is defo wrong with a/c. because i had a few problems with mine i could give a helping hand to find the problem.
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

It doesn't work.. lol

Nah I had it regassed, but that apparently didn't work, the guy said it was the compressor, but not exactly what was wrong with it... There was quite a language barrier, but he knew his Japanese cars... :P

Some part of the system also causes a clicking sound for about the first minute after start up. Behind the dash on the passenger side. I am hoping that they are one and the same and that fixing one will fix the other. It's not overly fast, probaly around 2.5 cicks per second.

The fans work etc, but it's been a bit crap in rain at night etc when you could really use cold air on the windscreen. :|
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FTO84 wrote:It doesn't work.. lol

Nah I had it regassed, but that apparently didn't work, the guy said it was the compressor, but not exactly what was wrong with it... There was quite a language barrier, but he knew his Japanese cars... :P

Some part of the system also causes a clicking sound for about the first minute after start up. Behind the dash on the passenger side. I am hoping that they are one and the same and that fixing one will fix the other. It's not overly fast, probaly around 2.5 cicks per second.

The fans work etc, but it's been a bit crap in rain at night etc when you could really use cold air on the windscreen. :|
I had the clicking sound on startup a while ago, and the aircon was playing up a little bit, but then it came good again & the clicking stopped..

I could never find where the clicking was actually coming from exactly, so I just had to play around with all the cables & near where the aircon vents are behind the centre console etc.. so i guess i must have done something right for it to be gone now.. just not sure what it was. :?
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i also have the clicking problem at start-up, but its been doing it for like a year now so i just sorta live with it...it would be good to get it fixed though.
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."