Hey Hey

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Fto_Jason
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hey Hey

Post by Fto_Jason »

Well heyy guys, my name is Jason.. (as probably guessed through the username)

I live in Brisbane and Im sorta new to the club.. ive been looking at forums and posts here for around the past 2 months and am absolutely in love with Fto's. Im most definately a dreamer at this point of time as i am only 17 turning 18 in December. I dont yet have an fto but ive got everybit of info on what i want done to it, design inside and out.. but if all my plans go well i should have the money to buy one at the start of the new year or maybe a bit after, we'll see how i go... Ive been looking at carsales.com and here for around 5 months just staring aimlessly at the design and watching youtube video's non stop just to try get the feel for the car.. Sad i know.. But its the best i can do for now.. unless someone feels like taking me for a ride so i can really know what its like.

Im still in school so a part time job as a delivery driver at dominos with as much holiday work, installing office furniture as i can fit in is my current life. Ive been saving for nearly 5 months to get one of these beasts and ive got to admit im not getting very far.. I have around $2500 atm.. But im definately going to get there one way or another... My current car is a 1990 Mitsubishi MH dual cab triton.. She is a great first car but i need to sell it sometime in order to get an fto but its just not happening atm.. So i thought id drop in a post and say hello, tell a bit about myself and attempt to get to know some of you.. :D

Oh and quick question, what do you guys think of car loans.. Im getting so many different oppions saying that they arent worth it because your only ever losing money, and then i have people saying that its worth it cause you can pay it back quick... Oppinions are most welcome :P

Anyway.. Feel free to keep the post going and helping me out to get my dreamd of car.. (im not kidding)..
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

there are a lot of good ones in QLD, i got my car there and drove it back to sydney just coz it had the specs i wanted, definitely have it inspected and all by someone who knows the fto well.

With carloans, i took out one for mine, but only because i knew that if i sold my 02 corolla i could demolish the loan straight away, and it all went according to plan, then the 10,000$ loan was paid off in seriously a month, so minimal interest, still there was a couple of hundred $$s on interest but not much.

There should be a lot of qld fto owners from the club who'd be happy to ride you around...

.... i mean, give you a ride around!!
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

hey mate were abouts are you in brisbane, if i get my car back soon ill take you for a ride in it if your still interested otherwise there will be someone else who could give you a ride.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mate welcome to the club.

As for car loans, lets just probably about 90% of people on the road would have a car loan. Sure you never get your money back but when cars are a passion who gives a f**k.

I spend countless dollars on cars, alcohol and my little lady that ill never see again....WHY? because it makes me happy in the pants
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Hey dude WTTC! 8)
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
Fto_Jason
Grease Monkey

Post by Fto_Jason »

Baha sweet, so anyone else offering a lift who is closer in brissie? I live around Springwood..
Fto_Jason
Grease Monkey

Re: Hey Hey

Post by Fto_Jason »

Well i know its a bit since i first wrote here :P but just letting you all know i got my fto :) Blue manual GPX My god its sexy! Had it about 3 months now :P Still though itd be sweet to let you all know :)

~~Sex on Wheels~~
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

what kind of blue is it ? midnight blue or icelle blue ? maybe an aftermarket paintjob ?
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

hey, welcome
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Fto_Jason
Grease Monkey

Post by Fto_Jason »

Midnight blue for sure.. Although its needing a repaint eventually so im thinking of going black.. close to blue so it should be pretty cheap :) Anyone know how to easily change picture size so i can put up some pics...?
crimson236
Grease Monkey

Post by crimson236 »

Fto_Jason wrote:Midnight blue for sure.. Although its needing a repaint eventually so im thinking of going black.. close to blue so it should be pretty cheap :) Anyone know how to easily change picture size so i can put up some pics...?
Resize the pic in paint? Looking foward to the pics.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

congrats on the buy mate!

to resize pics, either use paint & resave or microsoft office picture manager can do it for multiple at once.. can't wait to see some pics :)
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Glad you finally realised your dream. And even better that you are happy with it. Hopefully well see you on one of the club cruises.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Fto_Jason
    Grease Monkey

Post by Fto_Jason »

haha Alright so i know its been a few months and im not exactly the most new person around but i thought id post up some pics of the car anyway :) here it is hope you guys like it half as much as i do :P

Kustom
    Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Hey dude looks clean, nice job at picking a sunroof model too ;)
    Taz wrote:When funds allow
    zuihoujueding
    Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

nice ride. sunroof. yum!!!
    and welcome!!!
    Froto.gr
    Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

nice ride,sunroof is cool,

wttc
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah love sunroofs on fto's. SOOOOO HOTTTT
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    Gholdwayne
    Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

I8A4RE wrote:Yeah love sunroofs on fto's. SOOOOO HOTTTT
    omg... really simon ?
    97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yup, wish I had one.
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...