2004 Melbourne Auto Salon Review

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

2004 Melbourne Auto Salon Review

Post by FTO338 »

Well I feel sorry for those who had to line up today, the line was mega long.

To my shock & suprise I found out that my GF friend's bro isn't a co-organizer for Syd Auto Salon, he actually own all the Auto Salon in Australia & S.E Asian 8O So apart from getting free entry without waiting, I've got few freebie as well :D

Anyway here's some pics from the Salon for those who couldn't make it.

http://public.fotki.com/KevL/melbourne_auto_salo/

P.S the chicks photo was taken by my gf's friend, so don't blame me for the poor quality or ask me for a high res copy.
Last edited by FTO338 on Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

I honestly was a bit dissapointed with the Auto Salon this year. There was not as many cars as last year, and it seemed there were not many Extreme show cars.. Hopefuly the Semi Final battle will be better in September.

And well done to Toni, you should be proud that you were the only FTO in the whole building!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I was told that Semi Final Battle will be double the size, so hopefully there will be lots more cars including our very own FTO Club Australia. :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

and the working link is
http://public.fotki.com/KevL/melbourne_auto_salo/

hehe you 4got the "n"
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm it was working yesterday, but i guess it didn't work after i changed the title on the album :roll:
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

some more pics:

http://public.fotki.com/NimZ/misc/autosalon/

same pics as Kev really, and no I didn't steal them off him. First Autosalon I've been too, thought it was good, a bit smaller then what I imagined. Lucky I had $3 discount coz $20 is way too much, but had lots of pretty cars regardless. Forgot to get pics of the chicks..sorry boys!

(ps. Kev - 'did you ever know that your my hero'..hehe I owe you BIG time)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i thought the show was quite OK but certainly not worth my $20 IMHO... there were some stunners on show but I've seen a majority of them anyway.

Also managed to get quite a number of pics but I haven't had the time to upload it so maybe by late tonight (after work) i'll have some ready to share...

Great to see Toni in there 'spreading the word' about our club too hehehe... *thumbs up*! ;)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

GPXXX wrote: there were some stunners on show but I've seen a majority of them anyway.
R we talking about cars or chicks here :wink:
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Well What a weekend it's taken me 2 days to recover, it was extremely tiring and I do not envy the poor girls that do 10 days at the Melbourne Motorshow !
It was fun to see how much behind the scenes work goes into these shows and you learn a lot about what to do with your set up for next time. I am thinking of all different ideas that could help us have a fantastic FTO stand hopefully for September 18th and 19th if the club decides to participate!

It was an honour for me to be the only FTO there and I got a lot of positive comments from other competitors about having something different at the show, they commented on the large number on skylines etc.. it's like if you have seen one you have seen them all....

I think if we were to participate in the September finals we could definately attract a lot of attention.

I did learn a very valuable lesson though this weekend and that is DON'T let PROMO GIRLS SIT ON YOUR ROOF !

I will email MIkey the picture and you will see what I mean !

Anyway hope those of you that went enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one !
Cheers Toni :wink:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeah I would really love to have our own clubstand at the Semi Final Battle. Auto Expo could be on sometime soon as well so maybe we could have a stab at that?
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

sxcfto wrote: I did learn a very valuable lesson though this weekend and that is DON'T let PROMO GIRLS SIT ON YOUR ROOF !
I could have told you that Toni!! I also learnt that the hard way! And have a nice big dint to prove it too. It is also a fact, that no girl should ever sit on your bonnet. :(

The moral of this story is, NEVER let a girl sit on any part of your car apart from the seats!!
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Yes Well I know that NOW !!!!
Anyway ended up with a great shot netherless and Im sure you guys will enjoy them!
Will try and get them to Mikey asap
see you all soon :wink:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

here are the pics courtesy of Toni: :D