Dyno Day before DIY Day?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

koolio1234
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Dyno Day before DIY Day?

Post by koolio1234 »

Could we organise a dyno day before the diy day in november, maybe like the weekend before the diy day? im interested in seeing how my kws have grown. depends on whether we get enuf interest and we can find a place to book us in. Anyone else interested?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Funny you mentioned it - Dyno Day at Envy Imports on the 8th of November. We are all invited, $50 a run.

http://www.envyimports.com.au/Images/En ... 8Nov08.pdf
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

will have to try and get to this one, but I have to get some work done to the car first :D

will see how I go and let you know closer to the date.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

hmmm i reckon i could come to this one, what time will you (ben) and aza (if your able to come aaron) and the others coming?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'll be there all day I'd imagine ;)
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

thats gonna be a tough day to attend cos i got exams on the 10th, 11th and 12th one day after the other so im not too sure...
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

mmm...i should be able to come...except cant stay too long, after i get it dynoed i'll have to leave because of inconveniently timed uni exams :x
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I will be in for this but I will not be running the car this time as I still have to fix some things up :evil: :cry:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

so who is still going to this ?

I will be there for the start of it :twisted: and may even stay to the end just have to see how I go :roll: I may even run the car will have to see how it gos.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

i was planning to but realised i got work at 2pm

also, are re-treads even safe to run on the dyno??
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

im still going hopefully we get more fto club members their...dont want to be a loner :cry: :cry: ......might stay if it gets interesting...gotta study for exam on moday though....will see how it goes.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Im heading down there shortly. My car will be down there, but it's not finished yet.

And Charlie.... NO!! :lol: I wouldn't piss a retread out if it was on fire let alone run it on a bloody dyno. Most retreads have a max speed rating of 100kph.
KJ_bob
Mechanic

Post by KJ_bob »

Bennoz wrote:Im heading down there shortly. My car will be down there, but it's not finished yet.

And Charlie.... NO!! :lol: I wouldn't piss a retread out if it was on fire let alone run it on a bloody dyno. Most retreads have a max speed rating of 100kph.
pissing out a retread... sounds painful :D ... do u do that oftern when there not on fire :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

well it was a great day out :twisted:
koolio got some great numbers 112kws with only a UAS CAI :thumleft:
my first run was shot to sh*t again with 107kws :evil: running really rich and mivec was not kicking in 100% :?
so its time to get the new hailtech put in to help fix the problems.
I also put the track cat in and hit the dyno again and as Ben said in a post befor it adds 10kws at the top end, finished up with a 116.9kws :twisted: but put the street cat back on befor I drive home so all legal again :D

We also had the cops show up as some hooon that was passing the shop started to show off and filled the street up with smoke, they stayed around for the rest of the day driving around the place to try to get one of the cars at the event but they had no luck as we where all good kiddys :D
Last edited by aza013 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KJ_bob
Mechanic

Post by KJ_bob »

Thats a really good result from koolio, UAS CAI here we come :D

Track cat u say? not road legal i take it... whats the next best thing? :twisted:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

KJ_bob wrote:Thats a really good result from koolio, UAS CAI here we come :D

Track cat you say? not road legal i take it... whats the next best thing? :twisted:
no not legal at all :evil: the next best thing is a high flow metal cat
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

aza013 wrote:well it was a great day out :twisted:
koolio got some great numbers 112kws with only a UAS CAI :thumleft:
my first run was shot to sh*t again with 107kws :evil: running really rich and mivec was not kicking in 100% :?
I also put the track cat in and hit the dyno again and as Ben said in a post befor it adds 10kws at the top end, finished up with a 116.9kws :twisted: but put the street cat back on befor I drive home so all legal again :D

We also had the cops show up as some hooon that was passing the shop started to show off and filled the street up with smoke, they stayed around for the rest of the day driving around the place to try to get one of the cars at the event but they had no luck as we where all good kiddys :D
Wow thats heaps good ... besides the uas cai kit. What other mads does the car have? also roughly how heavy was the car?

im expecting my fto to be like 70kw atw :cry:
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

xSlurpee wrote:
aza013 wrote:well it was a great day out :twisted:
[be]koolio got some great numbers 112kws with only a UAS CAI[/be] :thumleft:

Wow thats heaps good ... besides the uas cai kit. What other mads does the car have? also roughly how heavy was the car?

im expecting my fto to be like 70kw atw :cry:
My fto weighs about 1210kg roughly maybe a bit less. Other than uas kit with some basic heat shields, its got a performance exhaust. Not extractors and nothing else really.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

its because its a manual :cry:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

steve lets sell our ftos and chip in for a super manual fto with turbo and nos :D

ahh ... auto auto :cry:
my mum was like, buy an auto soo i can drive it too and now im suffering a 10kw loss