Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

AJ
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

Post by AJ »

Is there a magazine we should be looking out for soon?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nah, the Suzitech calendar. Will grab a bunch next time Im out there.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

She's really not that good ay..

Omg at headf*ck of problems! =/ It's lucky your pretty much a mechanic with a money tree :P
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

Gotta love the last pic ( fto aus sticker )

Yea she's a bit of a mirage ( looks good from a distance )
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

bduffman wrote:Yea she's a bit of a mirage ( looks good from a distance )
:lol: Haven't heard that one before...

Car is almost ready to go again. Tappets are done, box is in with new thrust bearing. Just waiting on exhaust manifold gasket to come from Japan & the bigger injectors from the States & I can finish it up. Painted up the rocker covers in matte black & redone the entire wiring loom in conduit.

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Looking very good :twisted:
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

:lol: biggest prawn.

id paper bag her
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

OH you would still like to be the race harness at this time :D
Bennoz wrote:Image
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

aza013 wrote:OH you would still like to be the race harness at this time :D
:cheeky: wouldn't say no
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Question time.

Ben, if you knew how much it was going to cost you etc etc. Would you have done the conversion now you have felt the thrill of 6a13tt beast?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I8A4RE wrote:Question time.

Ben, if you knew how much it was going to cost you etc etc. Would you have done the conversion now you have felt the thrill of 6a13tt beast?
Or would you have gone 4G63T?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

aza013 wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Question time.

Or would you have gone 4G63T?
To be honest, probably not. However in saying that, had I known what I know now about how to do it, I reckon I could have done it for half the price - if that was the case, then yes, I'd do it again if it was only gonna cost me 10 grand as opposed to 20. The other thing that is pissing me off, is all the other bits of FTO factory items that are 15 years & 150,000kms old, failing around the engine. Steering racks, wheel bearings, suspension bushes etc really dont like 250kws.

4G63 would have been nice, but the initial purchase price put me off. You can pickup 6A13s now for under a grand, where as 63's are always gonna cost you 2-3k. Plus you really can't beat V6 torque. One of these days I'll go & get a proper hub dyno done & get you an accurate N/m torque figure. Most guesses to date are around the 500Nm mark..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

These puppies arrived this morning. Fairly similar in fitment, just had to lever off the o-ring & the plastic locator from the tips of the new injectors & pop on the Mitsi locating seals from the old injectors. They also sit approx 2mm higher in shaft length, so had to pop a couple of washers around the rail spacers. Interestingly, they are 6 hole spray pattern (as opposed to the 4) & the tips sits slightly further into the lower manifold section.

Either way, these should give me the juice to match the pounds!

I also notice that link between the fuel rails... thats gotta be a massive restriction yeah? Did I read somewhere that someone had come up with an alternative? Might have to try fab something up there too, thats gotta be leaning out one bank..

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

f**k me it looks like you can open the air intake a sh*t load :twisted:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

And those ports are a good 25% bigger than the FTO ones!
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

Bennoz wrote: To be honest, probably not. However in saying that, had I known what I know now about how to do it, I reckon I could have done it for half the price - if that was the case, then yes, I'd do it again if it was only gonna cost me 10 grand as opposed to 20. The other thing that is pissing me off, is all the other bits of FTO factory items that are 15 years & 150,000kms old, failing around the engine. Steering racks, wheel bearings, suspension bushes etc really dont like 250kws.

4G63 would have been nice, but the initial purchase price put me off. You can pickup 6A13s now for under a grand, where as 63's are always gonna cost you 2-3k. Plus you really can't beat V6 torque. One of these days I'll go & get a proper hub dyno done & get you an accurate N/m torque figure. Most guesses to date are around the 500Nm mark..
im with you on this one. if i had've known more i couldve save a shite load.

but i still wouldnt go turbo :p Would never give up the feeling and sound i have now. especially the responsiveness!
Bennoz wrote:These puppies arrived this morning. Fairly similar in fitment, just had to lever off the o-ring & the plastic locator from the tips of the new injectors & pop on the Mitsi locating seals from the old injectors. They also sit approx 2mm higher in shaft length, so had to pop a couple of washers around the rail spacers. Interestingly, they are 6 hole spray pattern (as opposed to the 4) & the tips sits slightly further into the lower manifold section.

Either way, these should give me the juice to match the pounds!

I also notice that link between the fuel rails... thats gotta be a massive restriction yeah? Did I read somewhere that someone had come up with an alternative? Might have to try fab something up there too, thats gotta be leaning out one bank..
Does this mean you can reply to my pm now? haha

oh and RPW have a twin fuel rail kit or something kit to rid of that one bend cos it does lean out the rear bank...

from rpw its like $500 though... surely can be done cheaper than that... if you sort something out make a second for me too please :)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Looky what I just found

$25 from the US plus postage. Its for a GTO, but Im pretty sure it'll fit. It it doesn't them I reckon it could be modified to fit... and at the end of the day, if it is useless, then I've only wasted 30 odd bucks. I spill more than that on a night out! :cheers:

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewI ... oduct=1164
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hmm, it does look the business too.

If you get one count me in, I will need two though. :twisted:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Just checking with them re freight. Went to order a couple through the website & the only option I had for freight was 75 bucks worth of UPS worldwide :roll:
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

are they worth anything to us N/A boys? if so, group buy?