Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

Post by Bennoz »

Saw that, nah haven't got it. Might indicate to the misses that its xmas soon :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Gave the girl its first decent service yesterday. She's done almost 15,000kms since I got it back at xmas last year.

Iridium sparkies were, for lack of a better word, fucked lol. Tips burnt down to a pin size, so was told to ditch the Iridiums & go over to Platinums. Gapped them @ 0.7mm & popped them in.

In doing so, had the intake manifold off & I found a mahoosive boost leak. The last tit to put the manifold on (apprentice Im guessing) had the manifold gasket all folded up & it was spewing fuel & air out onto the back rocker cover. So, I fixed all that up. Also found another boost leak in between the throttle body & plenum, so fixed that up as well. Also reco'ed all the tappets (hydraulic GR styles ones)

Apart from that, she was in reasonable nic, tidied up a few other bits & peices, had a couple of small leaks coming from the oil catch lines which I nipped up & gave her a degrease. Good for another 15,000kms! :)

Mind you, she was already in need of a tune up, even more so now that all the boost leaks have been plugged.
See if we can pop the magic 250 killerwasps mark.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Nice bras :thumleft:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Fto_Jason
Grease Monkey

Post by Fto_Jason »

sweeeet :) So youll be at the autosalon too .. hmm guess who is taking me for a drive...?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Bennoz wrote:Did a bit more today. Replaced the shot (cooked) gear selector cables.
Yet another job thats up there with timing belts & steering racks... a very high "You F*cking C*nt!" factor.

Heat wrapped the new cable as to prevent the same thing happening. Its too close to the rear turbo & the heat is
expanding & contracting hard on the cable casing making it almost impossible to change gear the next morning.
how have the gear selector cables been going for you mate?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

mr-charisma wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Did a bit more today. Replaced the shot (cooked) gear selector cables.
Yet another job thats up there with timing belts & steering racks... a very high "You F*cking C*nt!" factor.

Heat wrapped the new cable as to prevent the same thing happening. Its too close to the rear turbo & the heat is
expanding & contracting hard on the cable casing making it almost impossible to change gear the next morning.
No issue mate.

Now that I've got your attention, you wanna sort this one out? Ta.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20479&start=100
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

PM Sent
RichardB
Grease Monkey

Post by RichardB »

mr-charisma wrote:

I had to wrap mine loads, they went from 3mm thick to over an inch each :)
The World's fastest FTO - sub 9's checkout www.mitsubishi-fto.net to see the latest time.

Sponsored by : NR Autosport, RB Performance, PPG Gearboxes, IPG Parts, S1 Chiropractic
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Well, after doing one of the rear main seals on the box last week, the box decided it wasn't just finished with me just yet.

Yesterday she all but spat the thrust race (push out bearing) out. Sounds hideous... albeit I sorta knew it was coming, just didn't wanna believe it! :lol:

So when I get back from Bintang, sorry I mean Bali, I'll have to yank the box off & throw in a new one - hopefully a more heavy duty version. This one only lasted just over 10,000kms :|
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

going galant box?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nope. Box is fine, just the clutch release / thrust race / push out bearing or whatever you wanna call it thats gone.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

How quickly can you swap a clutch out ben ;) haha
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

lol, fair enough .. i just assumed when I read "I'll have to yank the box off & throw in a new one"

Only just had my clutch replaced a few hundred km ago & I think my thrust bearings were dodgy the moment they put em in.. I'm getting a really nasty grinding sound sometimes when taking off in 1st as I'm releasing the clutch.. Is that similar to the sound yours in making?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nah, at idle when not in gear, sounds like a freight train. Goes away the second the clutch is depressed.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

i just put it down to clutch chatter. from wearing the shaft or something on the gears by dumping them in.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Had a tune up yesterday. Smoothed her out all nice after repairing boost leaks & blocked fuel filters.

Also upgraded the Haltech to run Version 1.08.2

Unfortunately can't get anymore power out of it as the injectors are maxed out. So if anyone knows of a set that'll fit going cheap, let me know! The stockies are 250cc, need something more like 550cc or above.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

how much are you looking at spending?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Well, obviously as little as possible, but something tells me Im gonna short a grand by the end of this leg.
Chiinkstarrh
Mechanic

Post by Chiinkstarrh »

i clicked in here just to stare at you dp

FTO 95 GPX .................................................................................. 2000 MR2 Spyder
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

:facepalm2: :facepalm: