hi guys from hj galant owner qld

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

abgsrcordia
jedwabna poszewka promocja

hi guys from hj galant owner qld

Post by abgsrcordia »

hi i just joined today,my name is david i live on bribie island qld,i am very impressed with the forum.
I have found more info on the 6a12 today than in the past 2 months.
i have always had mitsubishi cars starting with a lc lancer hatch brand new,that should give you the idear that i am probably quite a bit older than most of you.Also had quite a few cordia turbos,a zr4 galant,a gto tt,other non mitsi 2 gt4 st185 2 jc cosmo 20btt
basically love all cars.my present cars 2 hj galants both 6a12 1 with twin turbo motor.
i am struggling to get info on these cars,that is how i stumbled on to this site.

my problem with the turbo car is when i run the correct ecu for the car the check engine light comes on after 2 or 3 minutes and stays on till car is turned off,when i bought the car it had a fto ecu running it,it ran ok with a few misses ect,so the standard hj galant and the fto ecu seem to be interchangable probably the non mivec.
today i tried to read the fault code from the ecu but no matter what i did it would not work. short pin 1 to ground and count short/long codes fault codes are the same as well
fto and galant hj.
i think when the conversion was done some of the wiring was modified and the diagonostics plug must not be connected correctly.
i am looking for the pin out of the fto ecu?
i should have tried to read the codes from the na galant to see if i could get that to work
maybe tomorrow.
that is enough ramblings for my first post.
david
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

WTTC mate
I dont think think the pin reader has been connected by the sound of it pull it back to expose ecu then you should be able to figure that part out.
Most mitsis all have the same read out as for engine light without being able to check for codes can be heaps of things! have you tried to reset ecu yet? if its running fine could be a air/fuel mix not right to even a low idle......
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hello mate, welcome to the club :)

Here's the ECU pin out:

There's also a comprehensive wiring manual in the downloads section of this website (link to the left of screen)

Alternatively, tell us where your located & we could point you towards some good mechaincs ;)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

just buy a standalone ecu
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...