General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bennieboy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Attn: 02NV re:face lifted bumper

Post by bennieboy »

Hey man,

nice car I really like what you have done and I hope my car looks half as good as that.

On your site you said the front bumper was retro fitted? This means you reaplced it afterwards eh?

Can you let me know how did that for you and how much?

and how much for the car as well?

thanks in advance

benny

wouldve used the PM but its broke :(
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dude, that car already came with the facelift bumper when i bought it from the auctions. i suspect the previous owner had swapped the pre-facelift bumper before he sold it with the new bumper... It will go soon as dannyboyau has agreed to swap his bumper with me (i have a d-cuatro lip spoiler waiting to be fitted atm).

i believe the one fitted on my car now is a genuine mitsubishi item, but you can still buy fibreglass copies of the bumper for about $600 plus freight, fitting & painting.
bennieboy
Apprentice

Post by bennieboy »

hey the d-cuatro lip spoiler is nice.............

I guess when its fitted you dotn have to worry about lowering the fto too much.

I havent seen them round much which is good, do they cost a fair bit?

any links to contacts for the fibreglass copies?

does it come with indicators too?

ta

benny
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

no, you will need to source the fog lamps & indicators separately (unless you already have the original items)

the reason i chose the d-cuatro lip spoiler is because not many ppl in Oz have it, plus it looks tougher than the OEM facelift bumper... I'll be adding a set of carbon-fibre winglets at the side for that GT300 look (complemented by a carbon-fibre rear GT wing) so we'll see how it looks in the end...
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

o2nv my car looks a lot like urs- with the muffler and everything and was considering a gt-wing my self but heaps of my friends got defected for it. mayb its worst in Sydney. but gt-wing looks very cool!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

any pics of your car dude??

i think the reason it got defected is because you have lousy coppers in Syd and most of the time the wing is so huge they can block the rear view (which is why it's a defective mod).

with the carbonfibre GT wing that i'm planning to get, it's essentially the same height as the GPvR factory spoiler (maybe just slightly higher a bit by 10-15mm) - just looks waaay cooler. :lol:
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

carbon fibre ones might be ok (but dont quote me on it), the aluminium ones are argued as being dangerous on public roads due to the sharp edges.

O2NV wehere did you get the dcuatro lip from anyway? can you get the sideskirts too?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

nope, can't find the D-Cuatro sideskirts myself... I got my front lip spoiler from JustJap in Kirawee NSW ($400) so by end of this week it should be painted & fitted ready to go...

if you really want the skirts, you prob need to order them through Taka Kaira or some shop willing to bring it in for you... Just be prepared to pay for the price! :wink:

as for the wing, yeah if it protrudes outside the overall dimension of the original car then it is deemed dangerous and therefore it will be defected. I'm not sure how wide the wing is but hopefully it's not wider than the car's original width. as long it's not too outrageous, the cops should stay off your back... :roll:
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

cool... cant wait to see the pics when you have them on

i had bozz speed front bar and dcuatro sid skirts on my first fto.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

why didn't u rip out your old sideskirts from the other car?

yeah can't wait for my wing either... but i'm starting to feel that it's gonna look a bit like a wank without real mumbo to back up its looks... :oops: :roll:

otherwise i'll just get a custom one made up from an S15 Nismo Silvia design...
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

mikey,

wheres that front bar from? the one on your avatar'

jono

ps

woops just saw the previous post's, i get it... :oops: , you should get that design in production! :D
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

the front bar was 'ripped' off from the Ford Fiesta rally car and blended in with Photoshop...

I would like to get the bar into production, but how much would anybody pay for one? If it makes a sound business case, i might invest into making a mould for it... :wink:
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

u mean ford focus?? or?

id pay 600 700 for that front bar, but of course quality ect ect... i might pay more or less
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

No, i really mean Ford Fiesta... See below:

It'll cost roughly that much to have a fibreglass copy made out of the mould itself, so really at the end of the day there's no substantial profit to be made... :roll:
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

man! thats the silver on charcoal look that I am after!

with my side skirts, insurance didnt want me to take anything off it .. they were damaged anyway.

i dunno how how serious you are about the front bar, but i would definitely consider it too.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

put it this way, i had a quote on Jetspeed once with my own custom design and because a custom mould had to be built from the ground up, it's gonna cost about $6-7K for the front bar alone... (unless there is an existing design that they can adapt from)

so in this case, it'd be a pretty damn hard effort to find a Fiesta WRC kit in this country to get a mould of it!! :? :?
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

Hey 02NV

You can get the D-Cuatro side skirts from suborn. They dont show it on there website but they do have it
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

I think G1 needs those skirts more than i do... i'll be moulding Supra factory sideskirts onto mine.... not a big fan of the round flutes on the D-Cuatro sideskirts...

...and I've heard a lot of horror stories with Suborn! :?